Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze Disconnecting

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

I've had Breeze about a month now. It's a great product however there is one issue I'm having with it..
    It seems to happen when I'm downloading a couple of files at once.
    I simply lose the connection all of a sudden.. Ive attempted disabling the connection and re-enabling it, turning off the POE and turning it back on again but it doesn't seem to work. I have to restart the computer in order to get reconnected

Note : I'm not using a router. its a direct connection

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

That's odd, I'd ring IBB if you've plugged it directly into your computer and everything is working.

You got all theTCP/IP settings in correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah all the settings are inputted correctly.
    I thought maybe its sometime on their end? Throttling or?
    Usually when it happens im downloading from Rapidshare.. not bittorrent or p2p's..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My sister had this happen for months!! Ring them and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Tiesto wrote: »
    I've had Breeze about a month now. It's a great product however there is one issue I'm having with it..
    It seems to happen when I'm downloading a couple of files at once.
    I simply lose the connection all of a sudden..

I heard about something like this before..the radio on the rooftop antenna was faulty & would stop every now & then, usually when the connection got busy. I believe a replacement from IBB fixed it.

I've also seen sometning similar happen to old laptop WiFi cards, & replacing the card fixed the problem also.

jeez by the sounds of it, it could be anything..
    If it was the aerial, I couldnt imagine them sending out an installer with a new one....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It isn't the aerial its actually the box you plug into the wall that causes this!! I have seen about 4 of them like this before.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    It isn't the aerial its actually the box you plug into the wall that causes this!! I have seen about 4 of them like this before.

ok thanks for that jonny.
    Ill suggest on the phone that the box is faulty...
    see what they say..

Just tell them the connection keeps dropping and you want it sorted. Don't say you think its anything just tell them to send an engineer out with full replacements!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The Antenna at your side should be usually very hard wearing, would guess the problem is either your high site (mast) or your MTU is set incorrectly.

You could download TCP Optimizer (free software util) from http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
    and use that to set the correct MTU size for your network card.

There's a tab in that util called "Largest MTU" which you can use to test out and determine your best MTU on your connection.

1500 is pretty standard but have seen others on this board recommend lower sizes which it seems have helped others on IBB in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Tiesto wrote: »
    jeez by the sounds of it, it could be anything..
    If it was the aerial, I couldnt imagine them sending out an installer with a new one....

I have breeze 2 mb and had a lot of problems with the radio modem burning out (well, two!). It seems the connection at the antenna is prone to letting water in when there is heavy rain and this travels down the inside of the cable to the radio modem. Did you ever get a burning smell or hear a faint "fizzing/crackling" noise? In there defense I will say that on both occasions the had an engineer out within 24 hours and replaced all the hardware, just a pity the first engineer did'nt kop what the problem was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lads this is getting a bit out of hand... why not just ring them and see what happens?

Advertisement