Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

common room

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I heard computer services are upgrading them over chrimbo. Upgrading?!!

They should be for the bin.

well when they mention upgrading it usually means getting in a whole new set of pc's they dont really do upgrading as in sticking in more memory or ram or upgrading graphics cards.

well i hope they dont anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I bet you a large pint they dont replace them. :) They've been there since 2000. theres a preservation order on them.

ha ha I win. They are loading new software on those wrecks. Computer Services are officially a joke.

ha ha I win. They are loading new software on those wrecks. Computer Services are officially a joke.

my god!

can them machines even handle modern software???? would be funny if they just all kept crashing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ha they will! They'd be better off investing in desks for peoples laptops!

• Advertisement

this might shock you but not everyone can afford a laptop.

Nice post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

A Mate of mine in engineering said the barmen in the College 'bar' where disconnecting them and bringing them to mature students homes in a conspiracy of neo-Mafiosa proportions...Don't believe a word of it only I know if Sloth were a subject, the Computer department would all have doctorates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ive no idea. i heard it was open and even one of my mates was in it. was going to go in the day i finished my exams but forgot. will have to try it during the week.

It's open yeah, one of the <snip> pool tables is reserved for the pool team, that's ridiculous. Maybe an allocated time, say let them have first priority between 2pm till 5pm, but having it all the time is <snip>...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

FunkZ wrote: »
    It's open yeah, one of the <snip> pool tables is reserved for the pool team, that's ridiculous. Maybe an allocated time, say let them have first priority between 2pm till 5pm, but having it all the time is <snip>...

Couldn't agree more...reserving pool tables for a <snip>'Pool Team'...drunken mans snooker is all it is...my uncle Terry used to be a demon for the drink..he'd have ten pints and a few belly warmers and he'd be going round the pool table like Jimmy Whites half-brother, clearing up all round him...kind of proved a point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i finally managed to get into the common room yesterday while waiting for my first class of the semester to start. it's not bad i must say and apparently the coffee for ye coffee lovers is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

Not impressed by the common room one bit!

I like it a lot, I wish there were more pool tables though, and the fussball table is broken... already.

Nice internetzin' skillz there draffodx ;)

FunkZ wrote: »
    Nice internetzin' skillz there draffodx ;)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I bet you a large pint they dont replace them. :) They've been there since 2000. theres a preservation order on them.

I remember when they were just installed... brand spakin' new. Fastest things on Earth. I think I'm showing my age :D

Advertisement