Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dboys m4a1

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

hi guys.. first prob with this gun... went to fire and half pulled the trigger.. bb jammed, cleard ok no prob, but wont fire now? any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Define 'not firing'. Is there any noise when you pull the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

yup a sad attempt by the gearbox, sounds like its tryin to force the piston with no success

**could actually just be a low battery coinciding with the jam.. ** will tell ya tomro morning!

damn... charged the battery for a bit last nite.. and it shot one, but then finished the charge, tried this morning, and its just like locking, when i pull the trigger there's a small click.... anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

could be a problem with the mag. is it the high cap one you get with it?
    mid caps work better and are less noisy.

it is the hi cap one yeh, is there anyway of findin out? dont wana buy a new mag and it not solve the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

damn... charged the battery for a bit last nite.. and it shot one, but then finished the charge, tried this morning, and its just like locking, when i pull the trigger there's a small click.... anyone any ideas?

sounds like your gearbox is locked up, sometimes this can resolve itself if you leave it alone for a few days and the tension will ease up and next time you fire it will work, other times it means opening the gearbox to release everything and putting it back together

kdouglas wrote: »
    sounds like your gearbox is locked up..... it means opening the gearbox to release everything and putting it back together

kk.. will give it a couple of days.. how hard is that?? could i remove the gearbox, and try see will it move when not in contact with the piston?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Unfortunately the gearbox contains the piston, so no.

Opening it up mightnt be the end of the world, just make sure you research it before hand.

no leaf clover: check out mechbox.com for a disassembly guide for the m4 and for the v2 gearbox
    the m4 used on mechbox.com is a TM, so although there will be slight differences to the dboys one, they are basically the same to take apart

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

well this has happened to me,the trigger might not be pushing the metal inside together which sends the current from the batthery to the motor.

• Advertisement

if it's making a dull clicking sound as he said, then the current is definitely getting to the motor

i thought he meant it was from the trigger not motor

motor is definitely turning.. so ill take it its jammed in the gearbox somewhere? ill have fun figuring that oout!!! is it a common problem?

it can happen occasionally, most common cause of it (from what i've heard) is double tapping in single shot too quickly, causes the gearbox to jam up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Can anyone advise me - is there an easy was to remove the "plug" opposite the fire selector switch (the opposite side of the receiver). It has a little nick in it - I assume this means there is a thread on it.
    Does anyone know if it clockwise or anti (I assume it's anti).
    Indeed, anyone have a better suggestion regarding tightening the switch?
    (the gearbox is out btw.)

Need to get it out to tighten the fire selector switch screw which is almost out from yesterday. It must have been catching in my rig - note to self for future

Come to think of it - replacing the philips screw with a small allen screw could be a better idea...

tia

Can anyone advise me - is there an easy was to remove the "plug" opposite the fire selector switch (the opposite side of the receiver). It has a little nick in it - I assume this means there is a thread on it.
    Does anyone know if it clockwise or anti (I assume it's anti).
    Indeed, anyone have a better suggestion regarding tightening the switch?
    (the gearbox is out btw.)

Need to get it out to tighten the fire selector switch screw which is almost out from yesterday. It must have been catching in my rig - note to self for future

Come to think of it - replacing the philips screw with a small allen screw could be a better idea...

tia
    once you have the reciver free of the gearbox,push the tab out from buhind.It will pop back in when your done

once you have the reciver free of the gearbox,push the tab out from buhind.It will pop back in when your done

Thanks you very much!!:D

While I was at it - I decided to paint the whole thing - Multicam:D
    Still drying at the mo, but I'll get it back together later and post a few pics.

pics of multicam attempt (number 1:D)
    sorry for the poor quality.

multicam m4 pic 3.JPG

multicam m4 pic 7.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Damn thats an awesome job Defenderdude,il pm ya later me wants a job like that

Thanks m8, but I'd hoped it would be better.:( Have to start somewhere...
    I'll drag it up to HRTA on Saturday and you can have a look at it.
    I was a bit disappointed to find the grip, barrell heat guards and stock all appear to be some type of nylon - basically the paint wont stay on forever... I had hoped it was ABS or similar.
    However, I have a special polypropelyne/nylon primer on its way to me soon and that should sort that problem.:)

Other than that, reasonably happy with it. Talk to you saturday Gat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement