Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blue angel eyes + twin sport exhaust - free for stock trade !!!

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Howya's all.

I have a conundrum for ye all, and possibly a sweet trade on some kit for the right person.

My mom tonight bought a nice 318is beemer, mostly stock apart from a sweet Karl Malone twin exhaust, and Blue angel eyes !.....

Now the exhaust she could live with, but didnt notice the blue angels until she got home..

Question 1.

How easy is it to swap back to stock lights or alternatively white angel eyes.

Question 2.

Anyone any intestest in the kit free of charge as a trade against their stock gear + fitting ?

She wants rid of the lights ASAP - exhaust.. well not so urgent.

The exhaust is approx 2 - 3 months old only, as are the eyes.

Images attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

rear tyres on the way out? Sorry - OT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

New, spurious damper too (n/s/r).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

spurious damper n/s/r ??

I know the rear tyres are on their way out.

Any chance of staying OT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

deevey wrote: »
    spurious damper n/s/r ??

The back left shock is non standard/aftermarket - probably FK or Koni suspension set up

Ah right, we knew about that ok, they are GT cupline shocks, brand new, the guy we bought them off fitted them as the old ones were knackered and been badly repaired.

Anyhoo, the ol' angel eyes and full front headlamp units are being taken out tomorrow - apparently they are full replacement headlamps, not a DIY jobbie and a new exhaust unit is being fitted, turns out the twin is the only working bit of the exhaust unit that works, front box/cat unit etc is "gone" - so whole lot is getting done hence the "roar" out of it.

These parts will be going for sale be nice if we could get some comeback, the mechanic reckoned the eyes are worth about 350 odd.

• Advertisement

could the bulbs be changed on the angel eyes to make them a bit more standard looking, or is the plastic tinted blue?

Actually i'd "say" the LED's could be changed for white to make them street legal, the mechanic seemed to think it was a sealed unit, at the end of the day she doesn't want them at all though, i reckon if the LED's could be changed they would look fantastic.

They seem to be wired direct to the parking light circut, so there are no "normal" parking lamps - and purely aesthetic, i'll know more once she brings them home (probably tomorrow), obviously dips and heads work as per standard - so if they were installed with white, i cant see any reason they wouldn't pass the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You've a job ahead of you if you try and change the led's,I did it before on a set where the originals blew and its awfull fiddly to do.

They'l be wired to the parking lights,temp solution is to disconnect them from there and the halo's will no longer turn on

maybe the previous owner has the original headlamps lying around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

eBay mate, its the easiest way to get rid of them cus I doubt there would be too many people on Boards that would have a 318is and wanna swap headlamps..

• Advertisement
Advertisement