Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wont start

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Car wouldnt start today. Have a new battery. I think maybe its alternator but cant be sure. Anybody have any idea. Its still covered as part of a 3 month warranty and will give garage a ring tomorrow to see if they will come out and try and fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

did the car start at all after fitting new battery. what's happening when you turn the key?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

brigadear wrote: »
    Its still covered as part of a 3 month warranty and will give garage a ring tomorrow to see if they will come out and try and fix.

Do that.

What are the non start symptoms? Does it turn over? Does it fire? Do your electrics (lights, etc) work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

I got the car 2 months ago and within a week I had to get a new batterey and since then everything has been perfect with it. All clectrics work, lights, cd player,etc. My temp gauge did go towards red last friday, would this have anything to do with it? I thought I sorted that, as that was Friday and it worked fine saturday and sunday.

When I try to start it has the usually cluk cluk noise, as if batterey is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Did you drive the car with the needle in the red?

• Advertisement

Only for about 5 minutes as had nowhere to stop, when i did stop, I let it cool down for about 45 mins and it went back into normal and drove home.

My temp gauge did go towards red last friday, would this have anything to do with it?

That depends on what caused the temp to rise. IIRC, your high temp was due to low coolant. It's possible you've done in the head gasket and allowed coolant into the combustion chamber causing hydraulic lock. While it's possible, it's unlikely, especially if you drove the car with no problems before this non start issue.

Get the garage out to investigate first.

When I try to start it has the usually cluk cluk noise, as if batterey is dead.

Sounds like a dead battery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's under warranty, don't worry about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

colm

all your posts bring a smigger to my self....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Garage took car away today, hopefully find out something tomorrow. But they wouldnt give me replacemebt car. Rip off merchants this garage.

Advertisement