Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFS ProStreet..... no, just no.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I always wondered who actually went to the bother of putting horrendous looking vinyl all over their cars in these games, I guess that answers it for me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

tman wrote: »
    I always wondered who actually went to the bother of putting horrendous looking vinyl all over their cars in these games, I guess that answers it for me:p

each to their own I guess. plus i've never played against ANYONE online who didn't have vinyl on their car. They've also greatly increased the quality of the vinyls in prostreet, they don't pixelate anymore when you stretch them out like they did in Carbon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

alright, played for a bit more today
    completed one challenge and am halfway through the other.. it's alot harder than the other need for speeds, but it's interesting enough now that the first car is long gone

Mordeth wrote: »
    alright, played for a bit more today
    completed one challenge and am halfway through the other.. it's alot harder than the other need for speeds, but it's interesting enough now that the first car is long gone

keep going until you get to the speed challenges. If you want speed you'll get it there.

also, what car are people using for doing the drag wheelies? I'm using the Camerro, I can get its front wheels off the ground but I can't control it at all.

urgh.. this game is too hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Out of interest are the graphics much better than say most wanted on the 360 version??

urgh.. this game is too hard

wth are you doing wrong??? For the first half of the game its nearly impossible to lose, then, after the second showdown, it suddenly gets ridiculously hard. Just turn on all the aids, specifically the green marker aid that draws a line coming up to a corner, if its any colour other than green then slow down or you will overshoot the turn
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    Out of interest are the graphics much better than say most wanted on the 360 version??

dunno, the graphics on the PC are improved, but its not on par with the likes of DiRT. This is the first game in a long time where the gameplay is actually outshining the graphics for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Here are some of my screenshots from the game

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

not too gone on the Supra, but the Audi and BMW (which i don't like anyway) are good, nice use of the vinyls! I can't take screenshots on mine though... *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Well I got to try out need for speed prostreet today.

I don't know where to begin describing just exactly how bad this game is, awful! just awful!

Menus are incredibly bad, cluttered and very hard to navigate, you can't just "quick race" you have to navigate billion menus till finally you get to race, but before you get to race you have to watch that god awful presentation video of the race or listen to that jerk announcer, you end up with a feeling "can I race now ffs?" finally the countdown begins and you think "finally, now I'm gonna enjoy it", NO! cause the cars feel like the God himself came down to see the race and changed the laws of physics to make your car feel heavier, slower and impossible to control.

This game tries to be like GT or Forza, but fails miserably.

Environments are very bland and not fun at all, there is absolutely no sense of speed and races are just plain boring.

As for the graphics, many people have said Prostreet has awesome graphics well...

ProStreet
    http://img.photoamp.com/pa/07/11/19/PmbHy9.jpg

Most Wanted
    http://img.photoamp.com/pa/07/11/19/c2J4LrAh.jpg

If you like looking at the trees yea, Prostreet looks better but the rest IMHO looks better in MW.

Don't get this game, you'll be wasting money, if you want to spend it just buy Most Wanted, if you don't already have it. If you have it just re-buy it, it's still going to be a better investment than Prostreet.

cant really disagree much more

i think its quality

far better than carbon, and extremely different to most wanted

most importantly, its fun

Helix wrote: »
    cant really disagree much more

i think its quality

far better than carbon, and extremely different to most wanted

most importantly, its fun

you'll find most of the people that don't like it either only played the demo or only played the first race day. once you get to the wheelie and speed challenges it gets excellent as you have enough money to build whatever car you want and have gotten good enough to enjoy the drifting and grip courses.

What cars are people using for the different race modes?

For me:
    Grip: BMW M3 all stage 3 no tuning
    Speed: porsche 911 turbo some stage 3 some stage 4 no tuning
    Drift: BMW Z4 M some stage 3 some stage 4 reduced cam and boost timings, negative camber
    Drag: Chevy Camaro all stage 3 no tuning

didn't bother with backup cars till now, I have a Mustang GT that I won off one of the Kings for drag racing, i'm also currently upgrading my Murcielago for the speed challanges.

I'm going to save up and buy the Pagani Zonda F to race RYO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

One thing about the NFS games is that they change and usually stand out from racing games.

This isnt really like many others and it's certainly not supposed to be Most Wanted or Underground 2.
    It's a new type of Need For Speed game, and for what it is, it's good...

I need to play it more tho.

Aye, havn't played it enough tbh, i'm still doing races before the third raceday.

At the moment, i have:

Grip: Evo X, most stage 3 parts, wideboy kit, some tweaking.
    Speed: Evo X again (I love this car)
    Drag: Eclipse done up to the scut!
    Drift: Still sticking with me trusty Twin Cam!

how far into the game are these speed challenges? I think I've completed five or six race days so far...

also, how important is all that tuning bull****? I don't know a damn thing about cars, so I just left everything where it is...

how far into the game are these speed challenges? I think I've completed five or six race days so far...

also, how important is all that tuning bull****? I don't know a damn thing about cars, so I just left everything where it is...

You get the speed challenges after you complete the first stage (i.e that big star that gets unlocked after you complete a few race days)

The tuning isn't really needed so much early on, but i'm finding it usefull in the later stages. For example my camaro is so powerful that the slightest twitch of the analogue stick when hitting 220MPH causes it to fishtail and then roll over. So you can tune the gears to even out the torque when shifting so the frontend doesn't jump up. You can also tune your car to make it corner better or drift further without spinning out.

You don't "need" to tune to beat this game. But its the difference, for example, in getting 4000 pts for drifing and winning or getting 8000 pts for drifting and winning.

Here's some other tips i've learnt along the way.

Early on when you don't have a lot of money, buy one car for most of the different modes. i.e. I bought 3 supras for grip, drag and drift. This meant that when I won a parts upgrade I got the upgrade for all 3 of my cars instead of just getting it for one.

Also, if you need cash, redo the final raceday for each stage. When I need money for upgrades I just redo the final raceday for the 3rd stage and I usually come out with 80k+ from the money from winning the races and the 50k from dominating it. You will also be to unlock more bonuses.

Just finished the game there today... have to say that it has the weirdest learning curve of any game i've seen... it felt like I was playing through the levels in the wrong order. One race would be ridiculously easy and the next i'd be lucky to actually finish last without totalling my car.

For instance on all the king race events, the race day BEFORE actually racing the king of each category was always 100 times more difficult than actually racing the king himself.

For example, to defeat the speed king, the race day before him has you up against god like drivers in Lambos and Pagani Zonda R's all supped up. Then the actually speed king himself is driving a slow ass old Pontiac GTO.

The same is true for all the other kings, even RYO himself was a walk in the park compared to some of the other partitioning race days.

Apart from this, it was very enjoyable. I'm going to leave it installed as I know i'll play through it again.

Here's another tip, NEVER buy repair or total repair markers, its a waste of money. A few of the race days will give you them at the start, so to fill up on markers simply enter then exit a race day a few times.

Here's some more pics, unlike previous NFS games, you will usually end up selling on your cars so I stopped bothering with fancy decals as I never had the car long enough to make it worthwhile.

Also, all these photos are actually in game photos, I had to turn the AA down a few notchs so I guess it could look better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

God damn speed levels.. I have totalled my car about 15 times on this ONE speed level... it's practically a straight line, but at the speeds I'm going at.. the slightest provocation forces my car to flip into the mountain, a tree, a wall, the ground.....

I have seven total repair markers left, and I'm wasting them all on this level.. I could go and try another, but dfamnit this is a matter of pride.

well, that's me done.. totalled my cars and I have no money left to repair them.

So now what? Do you ahve to start again?

well, that's me done.. totalled my cars and I have no money left to repair them.

did you not read my post above??? When you are running low on markers, enter and leave a race day where you are given them for free. The max you can carry is 25 of each so just keep doing this until they are full.

Also what car are you using for the speed levels. ONLY use AWD/4WD cars as they handle a lot better. Also you will need to fine tune the suspension to make the car corner better, just read the note on each value to see what it does.

oh..

i just can't be bothered any more :)

maybe I'll pick it up again, maybe not.

• Advertisement

I tried entering and leaving race days, raced a few levels.. still no markers

There's only certain ones, not sure which. L31mr0d should know which ones...

There's only certain ones, not sure which. L31mr0d should know which ones...

The only one I can remember is the race day right before you have to race the Speed King. Entering and leaving that raceday gives you 10 repair and 10 total repair markers. I believe the stage race days (those big stars) also give you repair markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Only found out today that the Mondello track is on it, that will be the game back on for me :D

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The only one I can remember is the race day right before you have to race the Speed King. Entering and leaving that raceday gives you 10 repair and 10 total repair markers. I believe the stage race days (those big stars) also give you repair markers.

Any of the ones on the lead up to the kings races give you some, so...

Advertisement