Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

forward SMS to email?

• 19-11-2007 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know if it is possible to forward sms messages to email? I know its possible to send texts from an app, but what about receive?

~ Idgeitman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I have seen these services around but not in quite a while - do a search for SMS to email gateway on google and something might show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

In SE phones there is a copy option.

So you could copy the text of a Text Message, and send it by MMS to an email address ( by pasting it in the text field )

or by sending it as email (providing that you have an email client configured on your phone)
    Dont know if thats what your after, but they are two alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

billbond4 wrote: »

or by sending it as email (providing that you have an email client configured on your phone)
    Dont know if thats what your after, but they are two alternatives.

ive been thinking about that, only thing is say with meteor its free texts not free email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Idgeitman wrote: »
    Hey,

Anyone know if it is possible to forward sms messages to email? I know its possible to send texts from an app, but what about receive?

~ Idgeitman

Yes it is..
    Edit the text with the email address you want to send it to.. ie> e mail address space message and send it to 0866055506.. this is a free service provided by go 2 mobile

Shouuld mention the only snag is it has to all fit in a 160 character sms.. I used it back in th old days befor e mail clients were available on phones .. great service and very handy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Thanks for that!

Has meteor got that service though?

Any network has it.. its a service provided by go2 mobile... once you can text thats it..:D
    www.go2mobile.ie

Advertisement