Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

astra heater resistors...

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

lads..

any soul here help me see thru the windows and fix my heater?

a mech told me i need to change the resistor which is under the filter which is located below the wipers?

the fan only works on level 4, so i either die with heat or see nothing on settings 1-3.....

anyone?

ps: 97 astra bogroll car. got it free for a few months...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I had a 96 before. I recall the heater acting up, I drained the coolant system in case of an air lock and it fixed the issue. Perhaps its just the fact that its an older car, I seem to remember on setting 1 and 2 anyway it had little effect on demisting the windscreen. You could also turn down the heat to medium....;) never heard of a resistor behind the heater grille to be honest.

Advertisement