Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will many prople be using 8 GB miccrSD cards?

• 20-11-2007 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if people will find much use for the latest 8 GB microSD cards from Sandisk in their mobiles? Sounds like a lot to me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i prefer compactflash myself.but to answer the question i don't think many people will be buying them for a while, because they are still expensive even compared to other memory cards and the famous "average consumer" will probably stick to the lower capacity ones for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

8GB can hold a lot of high quality video on an N95 but most people will prefer to get an 8GB card to hold MP3's nstead of carrying an additional MP3 player.

Compared to a 60GB player, 8GB isn't a lot. I've a 6gb card myself only because the 8GB cards weren't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

A Lot of Devices are not SDHC compatible, but it is handy for having a few hundred songs at hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'll be picking one up when I get the N82. The Sandisk 8GB is €80 from Amazon so I think it's an ok price for 8GB. I remember paying nearly that for my current 4GB SD card a few years back! 8GB is not a lot, once you add in some software and maps and leave some room for taking photos & vids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Anyone know where I can get an 8GB Micro SDHC from as in a shop and not online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

As Flying says 8gb micro-sdhc cards will only work with a few new devices- nokia n95, E90 and a few HTC WM6 devices like the Touch, Tytn II (Trinity possibly?).

8gb sounds like a lot but i'd say it'd be easy to fill- you can never have enough memory :)

e.g Tomtom maps and software and maps are close to 1gb.
    Wikipedia is >1gb (up to 4gb depending on which one you use).
    That leaves only a few gigs for mp3s (50-100 albums if you're lucky).
    And that's outside of video which would be 200-300mb a film and things like podcasts etc.
    So you really need 16gb to be anyway happy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The bigger the better! 6gb micro cards are best value. I picked one up for €40 on ebay the other day. Since i brought an HTC smartphone i havent looked back. I have email, music, video, internet (wifi), GPS all in one device. Same battery isn't the greatest but its great to have all applications in 1 area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mkennedy wrote: »
    As Flying says 8gb micro-sdhc cards will only work with a few new devices- nokia n95, E90 and a few HTC WM6 devices like the Touch, Tytn II (Trinity possibly?).

They will work in the LG Viewty, but the memory manager on the phone won't see it properly itself. (the 8GB Is usable, but the phone won't be able to tell you itself what is used/free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

snaps wrote: »
    The bigger the better! 6gb micro cards are best value. I picked one up for €40 on ebay the other day. Since i brought an HTC smartphone i havent looked back. I have email, music, video, internet (wifi), GPS all in one device. Same battery isn't the greatest but its great to have all applications in 1 area.
    Which device is that snaps.
    The p3600/3600i or the p3300.
    Or the touch-cruise?

Also who did you buy the 6gb card off- I can't see any 6gb cards under 50 euro myself!
    Are you sure it's genuine (sealed etc). And is it a sandisk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

It was a second hand card and i won it via bidding. I use it in a htc S710

• Advertisement
Advertisement