Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

some help please...

Options
  • 20-11-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

while drivin tonight(ive an opel corsa) the clutch just stopped functioning proper. so i had to get towed home.

i can put the car into gear when its stopped but when it starts it wont stay in gear.

any idea what this could be?

think it might be the clutch cable myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Something similiar happened to me,I could get into 1st and then when I would try 2nd gear it went straight to 4th and I could only go between 3rd and 4th,I had to bring it to the garage and it cost a fair bit to fix it!
    It was some sort of problem with some connector in the bonet,don't aske me exactly because I dont have a clue about cars really

Oh and I also drive a corsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

DrumSteve wrote: »
    think it might be the clutch cable myself.

Sounds like it is the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The gear linkage gives bother on Corsas. It's a common enough problem. Opel have a kit which comprises the necessary replacement items.

Advertisement