Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10,000 Santas

Options
  • 20-11-2007 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Check my signature :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

already signed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'll be there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Gotta check my work schedule, but should be up for it if i'm off that day. Just hope they have a Santa Suit big enough for this life sized santa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;54522341']Gotta check my work schedule, but should be up for it if i'm off that day. Just hope they have a Santa Suit big enough for this life sized santa ;)
    I saw on the news tonight that they have a bit of competition from Liverpool and Las Vegas. Liverpool are looking at 8000 while they didn't have a figure for Vegas. Also, the organisers have now purchased 14,000 santa suits. It has the makings of a mad day.

im hoping it doesnt rain... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's Derry - of course it will rain! Hailstones too if today was anything to go by.

I'll be down there rooting for you guys though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ellscurr wrote: »
    I'll be down there rooting for you guys though. :D
    Wearing your Santa suit I hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just back from it here amazin turnout i heard it was close to 12,000 but they will have to wait a few days to count the slips. Took a fair few pics will post them if there's interest

A few snaps would be great.

Do you think we would recognise anyone ;)

Yeah im the one dressed in the red gear ;)

09122007191.jpg

09122007189.jpg

09122007188.jpg

09122007187.jpg

09122007183.jpg

09122007182.jpg

Santa took a certain little blue pill :D:D:D:D

09122007180.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I miss Derry :( Wish hadda been there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

How did it all work ?
    Did they give out the Santa suits or did you have to bring your own ????
    Assume they gacve them out but just checking.
    How far did ye walk ? Looks kinda cool.

You got your suit last week so everyone had the same gear and walk the derry walls (see link below) though we walked the whole thing most people opted out at early stages, would be cool to be in the guinness book though

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/product.aspx?ProductID=7097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I would have been all up for that if I had known ! A bit of craic. No doubt theres drunk santas still hanging around the pubs of derry tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I know Beckett's was thronging with suited Santas at about 12.30...lol

Excellent photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

Just back from it here amazin turnout i heard it was close to 12,000 but they will have to wait a few days to count the slips. Took a fair few pics will post them if there's interest

Congratulations on breaking the record. I only heard about it last week but I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately I was in Dublin this weekend but I love the pictures.

it was brillant - reports say there was around 12,000 santas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

According the RTE the previous record was 7,000 in Las Vegas so that's obviously well and truly trounced anyway.

it was brillant - reports say there was around 12,000 santas :)

Yer not gonna believe this but i can actually see myself there! My friend fiona wouldnt wear her beard at that point as we waited cos it was annoyin her and i can see her face and im beside her checkin the pics i took on my phone :)

GAAman wrote: »
    Yer not gonna believe this but i can actually see myself there! My friend fiona wouldnt wear her beard at that point as we waited cos it was annoyin her and i can see her face and im beside her checkin the pics i took on my phone :)
    Is that you with what looks like a banana in your hand :)

• Advertisement

hows it feel to be world record breaker? :p

did you get your guinness book of records yet?

Nice story. :)

I'm not buying the book unless there's an identifiable picture of me in it!

I'm cheap :D

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63461342']I'm not buying the book unless there's an identifiable picture of me in it!

I'm cheap :D

Easily identifiable, you are the one in red :D

EDIT sorry muffler i never saw your post there, nah not holding the yellow fruit i cant stand it :) you can see me kinda hunched over the phone cos with the daylight i could not see the pics

I should actually get special mention. I went wearing the santa suit with no clothing underneath it except underwear. And the trousers ripped between my legs when I went to step up on something high.

The rip grew throughout the walk, but I finished it. With barely any dignity left!

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63466013']The rip grew throughout the walk, but I finished it. With barely any dignity left!
    No pun intended says you. ;)

Advertisement