Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "I Hate England Football Team because...' Thread

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

eirebhoy wrote: »
    And still most of the English probably couldn't tell you who Eamon Dunphy is.

I fail to see how that is a bad thing. The real tragedy here is that he is a house hold name in Ireland:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mr Posh wrote: »
    I have to agree Ian Wright should not be aloud to comment on any games let alone English ones worsed pundit of all time, closely followed by Jamie Rednapp then Pat Dolan..........

Ian Wright is great, the trick is not to think of him as a pundit, he is more a fan in the studio.

The guy just wears his heart on his sleave like we all do when watching football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed, people bitch about Wright, but if I had to choose between him and Dunphy, Wright would win every time. At least Wright says what he thinks, and doesn't care what he's meant to be saying or how it'll affect the ratings. I can't stand the Irish media, but it doesn't mean I'm gona dislike the Irish team. Generally my rule for international football is supporting players I'm fond of.
    I always am up for Holland cause of Ruud. I'm always up for Portugal because of Ronaldo. When Neville and Scholes were playing for England, I was very supportive of them.
    Ferdinand I'm not hugely fond of, despite being a cracking player, so I don't really care if he wins. Rooney I like, and Hargreaves I'm beginning to like. So England I'd support over some random team.
    Normally the team with the most united players gets my support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ian Wright is great, the trick is not to think of him as a pundit, he is more a fan in the studio.

The guy just wears his heart on his sleave like we all do when watching football.

have to agree completely here, id much rather watch ian Wright than "scotsmen" like Alan Hansen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

But you accept that the majority of Shels fans see Rovers as their biggest rivals while Rovers see you as their little cousin?

Hahahaha its funny how absolutely no1 takes a single thing you say on this forum seriously.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Looks like I should have added Ian Wright as a category all to himself.
    PHB wrote: »
    At least Wright says what he thinks, and doesn't care what he's meant to be saying or how it'll affect the ratings.

You're spot on. Anyone remember when he exclaimed watching an a particular England goal "is enough to make you cream yourself" live on the Beeb during the 2002 WC - Gary Lineker quickly replying, "Now Now Ian, Lets not forget its only morning time in England"..

I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As has been voiced all over the place this morning, why not bring back the "Home Nations Tournament" for 2008 ..............

We are all out of EURO 2008, we will all be fannying around next Summer~Autumn waiting around for the World Cup qualifying matches, so why not re-introduce the local home nations derby?

England, Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales & the Republic Versus each other in different stadiums all over Britain & Ireland (Croke Park & Wembley inc)!

I think that would be a nice 'Footie filler' for all the fans deprived of supporting their teams & missing-out on EURO 2008 ...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Fair point , won’t happen though because the greedy spoilt gits are more concerned with Sunning them selves in Malaga in the summer with there gold digging birds then playing with any kind of sprit for there countries.

What ever happened to the Tony Adams and Roy Keanes of this world who played with passion and genuine love for there nations.

Spoilt brats!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mr Posh wrote: »
    Fair point , won’t happen though because the greedy spoilt gits are more concerned with Sunning them selves in Malaga in the summer with there gold digging birds then playing with any kind of sprit for there countries.

What ever happened to the Tony Adams and Roy Keanes of this world who played with passion and genuine love for there nations.

Spoilt brats!!!!!!!

Roy Keane is a very poor example to use if you are slagging players off for not playing in friendlys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Wright summed himself up perfectly last night, and I was happy to watch him.
    He didn't think his son should play because he thought Beckham was a better option. Compare that to Dunphy and how he talks about players he like, as if they can do no wrong.

Wright got annoyed at the people going into 'negative town'. You gotta love that. And the guy was devastated that England didn't get through.

He's a fan who actually believes what he says. I'll take that every time over Dunphy et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Take your point!! :0)

Kevin Moran or Paul Mcgrath then, you get the point!!

I mean Robbie Keanes appearance on the Late Late the other week emphasized how out of touch players are this days with us common folk who pay good money to what there crap!!

GGrrrrrrrr

Advertisement