Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird Breeders in Ireland

• 20-11-2007 6:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

I'm personally looking for contact details on breeders of african greys, cockatoos and mini macaws but hopefully this thread can be used for breeders of all species. Anyone got any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

A relative of mine Breeds smaller Parrots such as Cockateils, Budgies and Red Rump Parakeets. He's gonna try African greys in the next 2 years. He just wants to see how neighbours get on with the noise of these smaller parrots first.

He also breeds canaries, Finches etc Overall he has about 200 birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djimmyd

Jimkel wrote: »
    A relative of mine Breeds smaller Parrots such as Cockateils, Budgies and Red Rump Parakeets. He's gonna try African greys in the next 2 years. He just wants to see how neighbours get on with the noise of these smaller parrots first.

He also breeds canaries, Finches etc Overall he has about 200 birds.
    ....hi,its my first time on here and i;m enquiring if anyone is on here from ireland that can help me get some cockatiels,i have an aviery and had a breeding pair but they got out due to a mistake in locking up...i have a chick now and am hand feeding it and its coming on great,,,,regards,,jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 harrins

I breed cockatiels and conures. I have baby tiels at the moment, no conures though. There are pictures of my babies here www.parrots.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

djim before you get any more birds if you haven't already, install a double door system so this doesn't happen again. Also do keep an eye out and put up posters esp. if they went missin recently sometimes cockatiels are lucky and do end up in someones garden and are picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 harrins

djim before you get any more birds if you haven't already, install a double door system so this doesn't happen again. Also do keep an eye out and put up posters esp. if they went missin recently sometimes cockatiels are lucky and do end up in someones garden and are picked up.

Yes I agree, also birds don't as a rule fly down, so as an alternative lower the height of your doors to about 4 feet. This makes it less like that you will lose any. My aviary doors are 4 feet x 2 feet. and I have a security porch also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 roxy14

hi im wondering if u would no where i could get a baby african grey

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roxy14

hi would u no where i could get a baby african grey

@ roxy try the parrots.ie website they might be able to point you in the right direction. Greys are a handful, think of a toddler with wings, they need a very large cage, a parrot room and as much attention, if not more, than a dog needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

hi ya
    i was just wondering if anyone would have any info on how to contact breeders who hand rear cockatiels?
    I am looking for a male cockatiel and is tamed and used to human contact. i fell in love with cockatiels a few months ago and my husband bought me a cage for xmas but as of yet have not been able to find a handreared cockatiel..any help would be so so welcome
    thank you and happy new year;)

@ Christinaco perhaps try a number of rescues first any cockatiels I've had have been from homes where the owners had no time for them anymore.
    Perfectly healthy friendly birds as well, mind you any tiels I've had did like the odd nip and some liked being cuddled others not but you shouldn't have a problem finding a nice cockatiel that's looking for a home, if you stick a note on irishanimals.ie and petsireland on the homes offered section someone on here might even know of a cockatiel needing a home.

Try the parrots.ie site as well though as they might have info on tiels looking for homes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

@ Christinaco perhaps try a number of rescues first any cockatiels I've had have been from homes where the owners had no time for them anymore.
    Perfectly healthy friendly birds as well, mind you any tiels I've had did like the odd nip and some liked being cuddled others not but you shouldn't have a problem finding a nice cockatiel that's looking for a home, if you stick a note on irishanimals.ie and petsireland on the homes offered section someone on here might even know of a cockatiel needing a home.

Try the parrots.ie site as well though as they might have info on tiels looking for homes as well.

Thank you sigma force, I will look into those sites and let you know how I get on
    Kind regards;)

Advertisement