Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2008 on xbox live

Options
  • 20-11-2007 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just a couple of questions for those of you who are playing this regularily on live. I played I think maybe 2 games, quit one and just about finished the other. The lag was terrible and I had to play against Barca both times.

1. Has the lag been sorted yet? The first game I had was a disgrace. Second was bad, but just about playable. But no comparison to the smoothness of PES6

2. Are there still gob****es who keep picking Inter, Brazil, Barca? Nothing worse than coming up against a player and you their previous 5 teams are all one of the above. Pity they cant have an online loby for mixed teams, ie a player who likes varying his selection and picking random teams. Absolutely hated that in PES6 and was probable the main reason I gave up playing it. Even in non ranked games it was happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Haven't even tried yet - but Konami were supposed to be releasing a patch / title update for this yesterday (19 November). I haven't seen any updates being installed yet when I launch the game, so I'm not sure if it's just their servers they were planning to update.

I think Winning Eleven blog say it's not out yet.

Of course people will still keep picking Inter, Brazil, Barca (and Man U). There are less Achievements for winning on Live this time around, so it mightn't be as bad. But that's more like blind optimism than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

played a couple of games last night against a friend online and it was brutal. Lag was still there. not so bad it was unplayable, but still really bad that it made a joke of the games. one free kick he took hit the wall, and then suddenly was in the goal. So pi$$ed off with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah the lag is still there

its a bloody disgrace

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It has improved a good bit, still nowhere near the fluency as PES6 but I can get through a game with only slight lag now!!

I think about 18 of my last 20 played matches are against Barca!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Atleast Barcelona have good players in real life, it was inexcusable last year making a random player like Adriano good at football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Unearthly wrote: »
    it was inexcusable last year making a random player like Adriano good at football.

What planet have you been living on? Adriano is just some random player?

He has 25 goals in only 37 appearances for Brazil and back in the 2004/05 season he scored 40 goals in all competitions so no wonder they made him good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriano_Leite_Ribeiro

He has 25 goals in only 37 appearances for Brazil and back in the 2004/05 season he scored 40 goals in all competitions so no wonder they made him good.

Sorry, I thought we were living in 2007, nearly 2008

Thanks for telling me it's 2004

Unearthly wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought we were living in 2007, nearly 2008

Thanks for telling me it's 2004

Just checked my original post and I don't see where it states that it is 2004. I was just pointing out that when they would have been developing the game and looking for a player to use on the cover Adriano would have been the form player at the time.

No he wasn't, he had 1 good season in 2004/2005

The game was released a few months into the season 2006/2007 where he was crap for almost a year and a half.

He is still crap today

If he was English he would be laughed at but because he is Brazilian he must be worldclass eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have you not watched a football match since the 2004/05 season or something?

• Advertisement

Of course I have. I was just pointing out that he is not some random nobody. Not any player can get those kind of stats.

Did I mention anywhere that he is still a quality player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Of course I have. I was just pointing out that he is not some random nobody. Not any player can get those kind of stats.

Did I mention anywhere that he is still a quality player?

Well he was a random player by the time the last pro evo was made, i seen him score one freak goal in real life, JUST ONE, of the stupid goals he consistenly scored in Pro evo 6. He was never any use, he scored a good few goals for parma one year.. didnt mutu do the same once?! He's a fat pig not an ox.. Sure he was offered to bleeding west ham, ya dont become a bad player overnight, he was always sh-it-e..

Oh and so what if he scored 25 odd goals for brazil, lets take david healy for example, who has scored more for Northern Muck, which is the more impressive feat? Dont see him scoring pile drivers in pro evo.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    lets take david healy for example, who has scored more for Northern Muck, which is the more impressive feat? Dont see him scoring pile drivers in pro evo.

Maybe your just not good enough at Pro Evo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Maybe your just not good enough at Pro Evo. :D

Ha, normally i wouldnt lower myself to such an excuse for a team but did so online last week for the laugh.. I wasnt smiling for long i can tell you that.. Did beat the chap 3-2 though, not bad considering he picked ivory coast..;)

I've ended up using teams like N. Ireland on Live because sometimes I use the random select to pick teams, so I can image the struggle that must have been. Every player being so slow with the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Still it makes a change from everybody being Barcelona.

Last night I switched on the xbox to see an update message online. So after the quick download, I played an online game. It wasnt too bad, but it still wasnt fully right. Ended up losing the game on penalties, after Adriano had ran the length of the pitch and shot from 30 yards and scorched past the keeper in the last minute of the game to equalise. Have played 3 games online now, 2 against Inter, one against Barca. So the same crap looks like its still happening with team selections (I have played as Liverpool, Athletico Madrid and Valencia in the 3 games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Only played two games on XBL; one ranked, one unranked.

Ranked game, he picked Barca :-/ Lag was ****ing horrible and I hate ****ers that just do that ****ty pull back across the box for a tap in the whole time :mad: Lost 3-1.

Unranked, Arse v Liv. Played since the update, still laggy, lost 3-2 in the last minute but I did manage to plant a peach of a free kick with Gerrard after 2 mins [there's no way to save replays on Live?]

I really need to work on my shooting one.on.one with the keeper. It's horrible how many chances I do miss :(

Just from those two games, I'm really not convinced about it on XBL. Don't have a second controller [or a guy to play against] yet so sp for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Lag has been much improved for me since the update. I'm starting to enjoy playing the game.

There's not much you can do to stop people picking Barca, Inter, Brazil etc. An achievement for playing a Live match with every team would have been good to promote variety.

It is possible to save highlights on Live if you go into "Highlights" at the end of the match. You're given the option then to hit X to save the goal you're watching.

I've still only played a couple of games on live as even tho the lag is better, its still not right. can be still glitchy and stuttering. I've found now that I select who I play too online, and will only pick a player who has a varience on his teams in his last 5 played and who hasnt picked one of the big 3. I dont mind players who pick Man Utd as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Was there another update last night? Think ive gotten 2 in the last couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have had to update a few times recently. same with guitar hero. it seems anytime I play another game after updating pes it deletes itself or somethin

well mine just got worse again anyway, didnt think it possible. Tried play 2 games last night, first was brutal and the other guy quit, second was an absolute joke. I lost 2-1. I actually scored 4 goals, but only 3 counted. On 2 of them, I scored a goal, but then a few seconds after I got a free kick and a penalty. Then the fecking penalty glitched and scuttered down the middle of the goal and was saved. The other goal I got was a pull back and ball rifled in, or so I thought. After it hit the net it jumped to the far end of the pitch.

Its my own fault for still going back to it, but fcuk this, why pay money for something that doesnt work?

Here is the classic first goal my opponent scored last night, I had no chance of stopping it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKn3U2vy1ZQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well, as I pointed out in the Xbox forum, my brother shocked me by giving me his Xbox so tomorrow Im straight into town to get Pro Evo for it. Has the lag been fixed yet?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well, as I pointed out in the Xbox forum, my brother shocked me by giving me his Xbox so tomorrow Im straight into town to get Pro Evo for it. Has the lag been fixed yet?

have a look at the youtube clip above of a game I played last week. That will answer your question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I've only just got PES 2008 and the lag I've experienced is disgraceful, unplayable. Your attacking one minute, 2 seconds later the ball is up the other end of the park in your net.

I'm using Eircom BB 1mb download / 128k upload. Tested via wireless & cabled. I never had any issues playing PES 6.

Disgruntled to say the least.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

yeah i agree with all of the above, Konami have made a mess of online for pes2008, but tbh i find PS3 online is smoother that xbox360 which i find very strange.

Im no fan boy and own both consoles, acutally i prefer the 360 to my xbox as online is better and also more user friendly, but imo PES runs smoother on PS3.

Anyone any thoughts.

Also there also some offical pesrankings online leagues that i am now taking sign ups for if you are interested and will stay active please visit the link in my signiture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Do Konami have any plans to fix the lag?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Do Konami have any plans to fix the lag?

They have already released patches to attempt to fix but they have done sweet FA

Looks like to me they won't fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Any update on a fix for this game yet I have stuck with PES6 until konami get there act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I've only just got PES 2008 and the lag I've experienced is disgraceful, unplayable. Your attacking one minute, 2 seconds later the ball is up the other end of the park in your net.

I'm using Eircom BB 1mb download / 128k upload. Tested via wireless & cabled. I never had any issues playing PES 6.

Disgruntled to say the least.

B

I agree...it is very bad but I don't think a 1mb connection is sufficient ?
    I'm on 2mb and it's just about playable....unless I play Partyboy......
    then it sucks

Advertisement