Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2008 on xbox live

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

claiva wrote: »
    I agree...it is very bad but I don't think a 1mb connection is sufficient ?
    I'm on 2mb and it's just about playable....unless I play Partyboy......
    then it sucks

As stated, had NO issues playing PES 6 online previously. Maybe it's your english BB Claiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Interesting thoughts there dude.
    My BB is with UTV, but they just lease the line from Eircom so that shouldn't be an issue.
    It's fine other games such as Halo etc.
    I'm playin Assasins Creed at the moment which is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 apmsystems

hanton12 wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions for those of you who are playing this regularily on live. I played I think maybe 2 games, quit one and just about finished the other. The lag was terrible and I had to play against Barca both times.

1. Has the lag been sorted yet? The first game I had was a disgrace. Second was bad, but just about playable. But no comparison to the smoothness of PES6

2. Are there still gob****es who keep picking Inter, Brazil, Barca? Nothing worse than coming up against a player and you their previous 5 teams are all one of the above. Pity they cant have an online loby for mixed teams, ie a player who likes varying his selection and picking random teams. Absolutely hated that in PES6 and was probable the main reason I gave up playing it. Even in non ranked games it was happening.

ive given up because of lag ,but i always stick to one team no harm in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is there a way to play 2 player co-op on xbox live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 apmsystems

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just scored an amazing volley with Drogba against Barcelona online which made me smile on pro evo for the first time in many a month!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

lag is a bitch...but it kinda comes and goes for me, i could get a good run i could end up chucking the game out the window.... Pain in the arse when your bareing down on goal, you aim right or left and the shot still goes straight into keepers arms, and whats with the keepers diving back into goal to push the ball??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Yeah, you just need to move both controller icons onto either the Home or Away side, right before you pick teams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

if upgraded to eircom 2mb would it make much difference to the lag?? on 1mb now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not really - the problem is more caused by dodgy servers and buggy coding from Konami than latency at your end.

I've seen others with 8Mb broadband still struggle with PES2008

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ilovefrankee@ho

Before reading through this forum, I always thought I was the only one suffering the terrible lag! But yeah, I'm on 1mb Eircom, my PES6 ran fine but I got so sick of the lag on PES2008 I gave up around December.

Now I just play COD4 :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Although not on the Xbox but PC i also have given up a few times on PES2008 on line. Still give it a go every now and then.
    It is so annoying when you seem to take possesion away from your opponent trying to pass yourself out of defense only to see yourself 2 seconds later conseeding a goal.
    The fact that i mostly see Italians, Spainish and portugese matchrooms doesnt help much either as in pes6 you were already in for some lag when you played them.

Pes 6 had minor issues that Konami never fixed (like your results of the last played games and overall rankings) so i would be very surprised if they are going to bother to solve this lag issue.
    After all.... they sold the game, got your money and it is not that you can go to a Konami shop and start a little riot.

The only thing Konami gain with this that the next version of PEs, most people will be very hesitant to buy the game. I know i will and sofar i bought each and every version pre-launch.
    It is a pity really as pes2008 gameplay suited me better than any previous version.

This is definately going to cost Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Does anyone know if / when konami expect (or if the even expect) to solve the issue with the lag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Does anyone know if / when konami expect (or if the even expect) to solve the issue with the lag?

I sent an email there a while back saying I was pi$$ed off at paying €50 for a game that wouldnt work properly and got this back:

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

Konami Digital Entertainment has uncovered issues which affect online gameplay
    quality of PES 2008. We are working at full strength to find a solution as
    quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

We can assure you that we are still working on further improvements for
    PES2008.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding,

Your Konami Support Team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I sent an email there a while back saying I was pi$$ed off at paying €50 for a game that wouldnt work properly and got this back:

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

Konami Digital Entertainment has uncovered issues which affect online gameplay
    quality of PES 2008. We are working at full strength to find a solution as
    quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

We can assure you that we are still working on further improvements for
    PES2008.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding,

Your Konami Support Team

Sounds promising, maybe a new patch in the works?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sounds promising, maybe a new patch in the works?

woldnt be counting on it. Its out now, what, 3/4 months and they have done one patch for it, and its still sh!te. I dint expect them to come back and say, tough crap, you bought it, and thats what you got. Just a standard reply saying they are doing what they can to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

woldnt be counting on it. Its out now, what, 3/4 months and they have done one patch for it, and its still sh!te. I dint expect them to come back and say, tough crap, you bought it, and thats what you got. Just a standard reply saying they are doing what they can to fix it.

I heard theres a new Ps3 v1.20 patch or something out, so if thats the case surely the 360 would get it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just had my first person cancel a game on me. Awful carry on really. I was Liverpool playing against Inter, went 4-0 up after about 25mins and he quit.

Melion wrote: »
    Just had my first person cancel a game on me. Awful carry on really. I was Liverpool playing against Inter, went 4-0 up after about 25mins and he quit.

get used to it! I found it extremely hard to find decent games on the last version. It would take an age to find someone who didnt play as Barca, Inter or Brazil. Makes a joke of it really, there's no skill and ability in players lumping a ball forward to Adriano to shoot from 50 yards out. So many games where I'd be beating a 'top' team with the likes of Valencia, Seville, Atletico, Liverpool, even Reading, and they'd quit. The teams I play with are still good, but there's no glitch about them like the others I mentioned.

Add my gamertag if you like, might get online soon and see if the lag has improved in any way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

get used to it! I found it extremely hard to find decent games on the last version. It would take an age to find someone who didnt play as Barca, Inter or Brazil. Makes a joke of it really, there's no skill and ability in players lumping a ball forward to Adriano to shoot from 50 yards out. So many games where I'd be beating a 'top' team with the likes of Valencia, Seville, Atletico, Liverpool, even Reading, and they'd quit. The teams I play with are still good, but there's no glitch about them like the others I mentioned.

Add my gamertag if you like, might get online soon and see if the lag has improved in any way.

Whats your gamertag mate?

Its just happened again, i was beating Barca 4-1 and they quit. Was a great game and not one bit of lag, we were in the 70th minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've had some awful experiences online such as opponents choosing the same team AND STRIP as me which you cannot cancel at all. Madness. Plus I hate the ignorant people there, if they score (not me much since I suck), I always say "Nice Shot" or whatever, but most of them are too up their arses to even reply.

I also hate playing the lads that have 500 games with 489 wins. Lads that just play the game 24 hours a day with either Barca or Brazil.

Having said that I've had some cracking matches latley coming back from 3-0 to scrape a draw etc.

Add me to play for an easy win, it's Dave7G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just wondering if the lag is still online? I havent tried play since December as I havent been home since then (cant play online in my apartment) so Im curious to know whether its been fixed or not...

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just wondering if the lag is still online? I havent tried play since December as I havent been home since then (cant play online in my apartment) so Im curious to know whether its been fixed or not...

would be wondering the same. Havent tried it in ages either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leonard88

Oh yes it is still as bad as it always has been! The problem is that you could be having a lag free game but the poor bastard you are playing could be getting the worst lag ever! I knew someone who had worked with EA previously but worked with Konami up until recently. The company is a shambles. They can't cope with making a game for two different consoles. They don't put the money into it at all. They took PES6 and completely re-worked the net code for PES2008 and boy did that work!!

CONami.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

I've just got PES2008 yesterday and it's unplayable live!! I'm back playing 2006 again today......

crazy stuff happening.... i play a perfect through ball and my attacker has it and no one but the goalie to beat and I shoot an as the ball leaves my toe there is a small flicker and the defender is running out of defence with it....

or also work the other way.... he shoots and flicker and i have the ball.... how i dunno...
    scrolling is real jerky too...

this game is a shambles.... back to 2006 for me

Macspower wrote: »
    I've just got PES2008 yesterday and it's unplayable live!! I'm back playing 2006 again today......

crazy stuff happening.... i play a perfect through ball and my attacker has it and no one but the goalie to beat and I shoot an as the ball leaves my toe there is a small flicker and the defender is running out of defence with it....

or also work the other way.... he shoots and flicker and i have the ball.... how i dunno...
    scrolling is real jerky too...

this game is a shambles.... back to 2006 for me

fcuksake. Just logged on here to see if there was any change. Doesnt sound like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

fcuksake. Just logged on here to see if there was any change. Doesnt sound like it!

on thne whole people picking barca subject, just set up a room with national teams only. works great for me, brasil arn't as good this year.

Lag is still shockin though, but i manage to struggle through it

Advertisement