Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for following accessories....(Dub city Centre)

Options
  • 20-11-2007 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know for sure a bike shop around Dublin city centre that will provide the following and basic items and meets the size i need and cheap too basically i want a compact not too expensive puncture repair kit I can carry with me?

Tyre Pump(needs to be small) for around €10
    Tyre Lever( Plastic and small)
    Puncture Repair Kit....basic

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesunwashot

From a slightly different angle, have you considered puncture proof tyres? When I first got a bike for commuting and had the tyres it came with I was getting a puncture every few weeks. Since then I fitted puncture proof tyres to each of the three bikes I've commuted on in the last 4 years and never had a puncture. They are heavier and pricier than standard tyres but if you don't need to carry spares with you then it more than evens out I'm sure and not having to fix your bike during your commute is well worth the extra cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I sincerely doubt you'll get anything cheaper than Argos tbh. I've seen pumps like that on sale for €20 on its own around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

So-called puncture proof tyres are not infallible, though. I bought a pair of Specialized Armadillos about three months ago and got my first puncture last night. I was pretty disappointed, given what I'd read about them.
    From a slightly different angle, have you considered puncture proof tyres? When I first got a bike for commuting and had the tyres it came with I was getting a puncture every few weeks. Since then I fitted puncture proof tyres to each of the three bikes I've commuted on in the last 4 years and never had a puncture. They are heavier and pricier than standard tyres but if you don't need to carry spares with you then it more than evens out I'm sure and not having to fix your bike during your commute is well worth the extra cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I did consider puncture proof tyres but thats the first puncture I have got in about 3 years i think, plus i plan to go travelling in 5 months so dont want to throw much money into an old bike, when i get back il probably buy something decent.........but for now just want a simple solution which is the puncture repair in the bag.

The problem with that kit in Argos is that you have to ordre it in I was looking for something today, il prob pick up the pump from Argos and then the patches and lever from a bike shop, just dont know which one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Suggest a pump/tyre lever/spare tube combination rather than a puncture repair kit. Cycleways should have all this within your budget (see link for pump, though they have others).

Have the puncture now so needs to be a bricks and mortar store, not to worry im sure il get something at lunch time,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Have the puncture now so needs to be a bricks and mortar store, not to worry im sure il get something at lunch time,

Thanks

Oh, well sure, pump it up at a petrol station if there's one nearby. Apparently those pumps only go to 70psi, but it should be enough to get you home.
    Levers: butter knife
    Puncture repair kit: €2/€3 anywhere and everywhere.

Thanks for the replies.

Got the gear at lunch time...

got a small BBB windwave Pump 12.99

3 set plastic levers €4 :( ah well im in work dont have access to use anyhting else

Puncture repair kit was €3 or something.

Also got a pair of BBB winter gloves €30....but so snug.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

So-called puncture proof tyres are not infallible, though. I bought a pair of Specialized Armadillos about three months ago and got my first puncture last night. I was pretty disappointed, given what I'd read about them.

slightly off topic, but something similar happened me lately. had just switched to a new set of wheels with continental gatorskins on, couple of rides later, puncture. raging i was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement