Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tippex stains.

• 20-11-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but hoping you can help.
    Any ideas how to get dried-in Tippex out of clothes? I spilt some on my good suit trousers, and have washed them three times to no avail. I dont want to throw them out, so if anyone has a magic solution, I'd be grateful.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I don't think you can remove it, my mother uses it to write my brother's name on his sports gear because she know no matter how many times the clothes are washed his name will still be on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I've used nail polish remover to get it out of a skirt before and it worked fine, a word of warning though, before you go lashing it onto a good suit try it out of the inside seam or somewhere that it won't be seen, just in case it makes it even worse....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thanks everyone. I'll try the remover, because the stain is in a very obvious place, so if I dont try something, I'll have to throw them out.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Yeah but seriously try it on a small place first coz some of those removers are vey harsh and could just remove the colour altogether so be careful!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wikipedia says it's possible to buy Tippex thinner, which is basically just the solvent with none of the white stuff. If you use that, it will dissolve the white part out of your clothes.

If not, try taking it down to a dry cleaner's, they have a wide range of solvents and will probably be able to deal with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement