Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing Moment

Options
  • 20-11-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

What's your most embarrassing moment?

I think the time I went to the supermarket with my other half (yes it does happen very occasionally!) was mine.

I went off down another aisle to pick some thing up and as I walked back saw my missus leaning into a chilled cabinet, so decided to give her backside a friendly slap (as you do!) only to hear a disgruntled shriek as a woman, not my wife, span round and expelled several carefully phrased expletives toward me!

At the same time my good lady was pushing the trolley toward us with a very concerned and enquiring look on her face, wanting to know what the $!!*& was going on?!

I then had to try and explain to both women at the same time my very genuine mistake and the fact that "No I didnt know the woman" and "yes she did look very similar to my girlfriand" and "yes it was not a deliberate goosing" and "yes I would be very grateful if the woman didnt call the police".

Then a quick exit from store just in case assaulted woman had homicidal husband in tow!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

5tars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Mine was went to Cornwall circa 1993 with girlfriend and decided to try out this surfing lark in order to impress said bird. Hired wet suit and board, struggled for a good while putiing on the wetsuit, headed off a la Hasselhoff into the water where I heard this loud whistle. Came back out where the lifeguard asked was it my first time surfing I said how did he know? He replied in front of ex-girlfriend your surfing in a red flag zone and your wetsuits on back to front! I'm cringing as I type this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

patmac wrote: »
    Mine was went to Cornwall circa 1993 with girlfriend and decided to try out this surfing lark in order to impress said bird. Hired wet suit and board, struggled for a good while putiing on the wetsuit, headed off a la Hasselhoff into the water where I heard this loud whistle. Came back out where the lifeguard asked was it my first time surfing I said how did he know? He replied in front of ex-girlfriend your surfing in a red flag zone and your wetsuits on back to front! I'm cringing as I type this.

my eyes are streaming after that one, good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

fair play for admitting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Anthony_1980

when i was 15 sleeping in caravan in rush with all my cousins and my nan and granddad and i fell asleep early and they dribbled water on my face while asleep and i woke up saying " ma ma my nose is all drippy " and them wetting themselves

• Advertisement
Advertisement