Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic lanes on the Green - WTF is going on?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

I use this route most mornings and everyone generally gives each other a bit of room for common sense approaching the last set of lights before the Shelbourne but this morning I had enough.

A taxi driver (never seen any other type of driver try it) decided he was not going to queue like the rest of us but squeeze his way on the inside of everyone up to the top of the lane of traffic and then force his way out once the lights went green.

I saw what he was doing and as he was edging past, trying to avoid taking my mirror with him, I beeped. Down comes his window, "don't you fuc*in beep your horn at me" came his first words.. I said "or what?? There's no lane there and unless you're completely thick you should be able to see that, you have no right to start going up the inside of cars and skipping the queue..".. surprise surprise, he had no comeback so he just went on his way right up the inside of everyone and off he went before crossing the lane again after going through the lights and holding traffic up.

Anyone know why some simple white broken lines can't be painted to identify the lanes (there are some to give two lanes but nobody obeys them)or why people can't accept that there's actually NOT 6 lanes of traffic at those lights??

Sorry for rant :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Road engineering. One of the four pillars of road safety in this country.

They can't even paint lines on the road. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which Green would this be?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

MarkN wrote: »
    Down comes his window, "don't you fuc*in beep your horn at me" came his first words.. :

Welcome to BMW ownership in Ireland ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

As if you didn't know Mike. ;)

The one in Dublin. The particular junction where you would try to merge coming from Ely Place and if you were coming from the Leeson St end towards the Shelbourne.

Site0Camera46.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not a Dub, so I know nothing of this "Green" of which you speak :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Officially there are two lanes. Unofficially there can be anything up to four.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can see some fairly creative lane-making in Dublin. Pity that none of it is by the council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.
    Soylent.

It's people, apparently.

Advertisement