Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slate your ride !

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

'98 Fiesta 1.3 LX 5dr:

- Engine when idling makes the front seats shake
    - Crap storage (nowhere to put a bottle even)
    - No cup holders (the things on the inside of the glovebox door don't count!)
    - Not much space in the rear
    - Heater control valve died last winter (seems to be a common fault - €50 but easy to put in)
    - Instrument panel is very basic - no tachometer, no low fuel light, odometer is only 5 digits (anyone know if it can be swapped with the fancier ones from Ghias?)
    - Driver seat is sagging (not really unreasonable for 9 years I suppose)
    - No intermittant rear wiper (only on/off)
    - Boot hatch fills with water in the rain
    - Some plastic bits have gone brittle and/or broken, e.g. the pivot for the rear wiper (replaced for €3 though), trim around seat mounts
    - Fuel economy crap around town (30mpg if yer lucky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

Porsche Boxster

No space to put Anything
    No Glove Box
    Plastic back window
    price of spare parts is a joke the carpet in the boot (the grey stuff) is 700 Euro , 6 screws for the bumper cost 30 quid
    the door lock is 450 Euro

Other then that i love it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

1995 MR2 NA Jap Import

- Very light steering, especially at motorway speed.
    - Always the possibility of spinning the car 180 degrees at 20Kmph around a wet roundabout.
    - No boot worth talking about, The first week i had it, we went shopping and i seen a 14' portable TV on special. It wouldn't fit in the boot!!
    - You can't have the window down even a crack when its raining, water from the window screen pours in. and they don't make window deflectors for them.
    - Engine right behind your ear, so it gets nosily.
    - Engine cover has open grills, so you cant wash the car without getting water on the belts, so belt squeal after ever wash.
    - No cup holder (seen everyone else say it, but i've never missed it)

All that said, you don't buy a 2 seater for practicality and space, and i love every minute of driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

'00 Renault Megane 1.4 Rxi (78k)

Its my shunt-car.

over the past few years, I've only been driving about 1000-1500 miles (yes, thats ONE thousand) to the train station daily, but the servicing costs are still astonishing. It seems to age worse now its in the drive-way than when I did 15k per annum.

- the 'sports' suspension is a back-breaker
    - the fog lights require the car to go on a garage lift just to change the bulbs
    - the air con is useless, as the filter clogs up every few months causing the entire inside of the car to be drowned with condensation every time i get into it (morning and evening), and then you need the aircon to clear it all off (after using a towel first) so its a vicious circle
    - CV joints on the front wheels are made from play-dough, so lots of clicking when turning since it was 2-3 years old. Everything bar the engine needs to come out to get at them to replace
    - half of the radio display has been blank for about 6 years now. The other side is dimming slowly
    - Trip computer is very unreliable (again, since it was new). MPG varies from 34-48 for same commute, same conditions, same driving style.

but it owes me nothing, and starts on the first turn every morning, so its still a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Honda Civic Type R 2003 (EP3):-

Nothing down low. Therefore, heavy right footage is necessary!
    Be prepared for lecture from Insurance company.
    Need to Watch out for the oil levels.
    Lots of eejits at traffic lights giving 'lets go' looks.
    No ESP, if your overly keen you'll find yourself in trouble. But then again, some call ESP a fun spoiler;)
    2002/2003 models were prone to rear sway bar problems.
    'Bread Van' looks.

Nothing too serious, but Other than those, im very fond of it. Great fun to drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

05 Primera 1.6 SVE, 35,000miles

Pro: Very safe car. Rear view camera is a godsend. || easy peasy.
    Very comfortable and stable on the road. Quiet too.
    Best brakes out of all that range of cars incl mondeo/407 etc. Was going at approx 120kph and stopped to 0 in about 30-40 yards due to some prick stopping on a main road to leave an oncoming car turn out.
    Nav SAt: Standard on the model and fantastic.

Cons:Car weighs a fcvkin tonne---1.8 to be exact to be exact..for petrol ecomony torque is very low in low gears and it's not till you hit 60mph (11.5 secs) that you feel the power kick in and hit the 100mph easily. It feels a safe car though with the weight and 6 airbags.

The gear knob--in cold weather the bloody thing rattles and annoys the crap out of me.

Steering is light. It's fine as I don't be racing around the place but some reviewers have complained about it.

Apart from that I'm very happy with it. Sorry I didn't get the 1.8 or 2.0 but come budget day when the gimps aka the green party hammer us on car tax I'll be glad.

Another thing with everything I buy from Ipod to phone to car. Few weeks later they announce the 2005 updated model "T-spec". Came with 1/2 leather interior as standard..:mad:

Advertisement