Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETQW help !

Options
  • 20-11-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have googled this already, but have only found others who have the same prob as me - haven't found any fixes

I just got the game, installed it, but can't create an account because I keep getting a 'connection reset' error. Has anyone experienced this and how did you fix? Please help! - I'm mad to play!...

Thanks,
    D.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

What have you tried doing ?

Other have tried :

Updating the firmware on their router,
    Creating a 'wired' Internet connection, i.e. no wifi
    Connecting without using a router.

What happens when you try a
    telnet etqw-180.auth.mmp3.demonware.net 3074

Have you see this thread :

http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13358

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Ponster wrote: »
    What have you tried doing ?

Other have tried :

Updating the firmware on their router,
    Creating a 'wired' Internet connection, i.e. no wifi
    Connecting without using a router.

What happens when you try a
    telnet etqw-180.auth.mmp3.demonware.net 3074

Have you see this thread :

http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13358

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried the above yet.
    Not sure how to update firmware. I'll look into it.

When I try that telnet command, the screen goes blank with cursor flashing top left.

Hadn't seen that link. Going to give that a go first tonight I think..

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Donal hard to say what the problem is there. Happy to help out over ts some night if you want.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well I haven't been able to play for the last 2 weeks at least, getting that same "connection reset" error, which is irritating to say the very least.

Donal, out of interest what ISP are you using and where do you live? I'm using NTL/UPC in Dublin 2.

It seems NTL/UPC have done something recently that is causing problems, one of the developers at splash damage posted the following@
    it sounds like UPC (wonder how their global operations work) rolled out a hardware/software update recently to whatever is causing these problems, as I've seen a bunch of people start complaining about the issue while there was none before. Hang tight, we're working on a workaround. (Until then, use the manual workaround figured out by Lekdevil & co.)

The workaround he refers to is here. I'm going to try it when I get home from work later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Somone posted on the TiG forum about a similar issue, seemingly the game traffic is seen as torrent traffic by the isp and throttled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Maximilian wrote: »
    Well I haven't been able to play for the last 2 weeks at least, getting that same "connection reset" error, which is irritating to say the very least.

Donal, out of interest what ISP are you using and where do you live? I'm using NTL/UPC in Dublin 2.

It seems NTL/UPC have done something recently that is causing problems, one of the developers at splash damage posted the following@

The workaround he refers to is here. I'm going to try it when I get home from work later.

just checked back for replies now - haven't tried anything for a while. trying to get MOHA done and dusted.

I'll try those workarounds later.

I'm with Eircom - basic 1Meg package.

Advertisement