Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thing about Sligo IT?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

So, what's your favourite thing about Sligo IT?

Mine is that generally there is always paper in the toilets.

Yes, this place is that much of a fcuking dump, I think that the TOILET PAPER is the best thing about it! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

the paninis in the Aula ,, this of course might be obselete now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i heard this was a great institution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

The coffee in Dopios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The fact that the student body is pretty laid back and that I'm not hassled by students asking me to sign pointless petitions against the treatement on Palestinians in Israel, for example. I used to get this the whole tme in and around McGill University in Montreal (I worked with a student IT body there during a two year break, I didn't study at McGill).

While some might say that the above is an indictment of a malaise in Irish student's world outlook today, I'd argue that IT Sligo students (through the students union, for example) work on and speak on topics that we have a chance of being listened to (e.g. protests over the downgrading of Sligo General Hospital). It seems as though the student body, at least through the students union, is still working on social reforms that we have a chance of having an impact on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Woop_01

JohnCleary wrote: »

Yes, this place is that much of a fcuking dump, I think that the TOILET PAPER is the best thing about it! :eek:

Well I was at the open day at Sligo IT , it’s the biggest bump every !! . Detestable place and it was with the school and no i would dont go there if it was a choice for me to leave home to go there with my mom or dad etc . and everyone said the same . Did anyone see NUI Maynooth or any univeristy thats what you call a buliding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

You should have seen it 10 years ago. Now THAT was a dump. Ye're all spoilt. Toilet paper. Pah. We had to use sand paper from the constuction class that we bartered for with cigarettes.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Woop_01

il gatto wrote: »
    You should have seen it 10 years ago. Now THAT was a dump. Ye're all spoilt. Toilet paper. Pah. We had to use sand paper from the constuction class that we bartered for with cigarettes.:D

LOL ... did you see in side any university at all ??? what it look like inside . Thats what you call very very spoilt :D:D

University? Hah. It was a glorified tech. and all students were treated accordingly. Lasted 5 months before I realised I hated it, I was learning nothing and I needed to earn some money. Those were the days. Good times:rolleyes:
    It's friggin' palatial. When I did my brief stint it was just the two buildings on the Manorhamilton road and the Aula had just been built. That was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

JohnCleary wrote: »

The place is dreary .I’m not studying there !! :D

University? Hah. It was a glorified tech. and all students were treated accordingly. Lasted 5 months before I realised I hated it, I was learning nothing and I needed to earn some money. Those were the days. Good times:rolleyes:
    It's friggin' palatial. When I did my brief stint it was just the two buildings on the Manorhamilton road and the Aula had just been built. That was it.

what are you talking about ??? please clarify for me ?? :confused:

• Advertisement

Clarify what exactly? It used to be an absolute kip 10 years ago. It's much better now...........:confused:

Really .....

Yes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yes.....
    the difference between it now and then is hilarious

but at least you could smoke in the aula an play pool and not go to class all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Utter kip of a place, but I loved it. I was there while the Aula was being built.

You could smoke in the canteen as well. Amazing how things change in a decade. Mug of tea, yellow Snack and a smoke in the canteen. One of my happier memories of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You could smoke in the canteen as well. Amazing how things change in a decade. Mug of tea, yellow Snack and a smoke in the canteen. One of my happier memories of the place.

The yellow smoke stains are still on the walls!

We did our best. However, not all the stains are smoke:D

We did our best. However, not all the stains are smoke:D

If you're trying to make out that they're yellow jip stains... i'd get that checked out if I were you :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

The best thing has to be the fact that you actually learn things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I too was there just as the Aula was built.
    The old canteen and Chicken George ... whats on the menu today George ...
    Chicken Keiv, Chicken Maryland or Chicken Surprise ...
    (the surprise being that it was just a lump of chicken!!!!)
    :D

And the craic was great in Sligo RTC ... jaysus I hated that Armarillo lad!!!!

egan007 wrote: »
    The best thing has to be the fact that you actually learn things!

I'm sorry, what now :eek:

Advertisement