Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice spot in Dublin for a late lunch?

• 20-11-2007 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Meeting my cousin in Dublin city centre(haven't seen her in 5 years) at around 3:30 for a late lunch.
    I commute to Dublin for work so not aware of good spots to eat.
    Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant.
    I was thinking of Rhodes on Abbey St.
    I'm interested in places between Grafton street and parnell square.
    Or should we just head to Temple Bar and 'find' a place we like there.
    Thanks
    JC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

That Enotca place in the Italian quarter, The Winding Stair, Elephant and Castle - they are all about 5 mins from Abbey St.

Never been in Rhodes myself. Wouldn't mind trying either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

olaola wrote: »
    That Enotca place in the Italian quarter
    :confused:

Dublin has an Italian Quarter?

Mama Mia, I never knew that...where is it?

DesF wrote: »
    :confused:

Dublin has an Italian Quarter?

Mama Mia, I never knew that...where is it?

It is the north side of the Millenium bridge - I think it is officially called Bloom's quarter? There are about 5 Italian shops/restaurants. Yer man Mick Wallace built it. http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/5/pt/0/spid/8F3A50A8-5388-463C-B0E004661ABEFA38.htm

There is an Enoteca in Inchicore too... But I'm not tellin where, cos it's getting harder to get a table in there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mick Wallace.

What a crazy man.

DesF wrote: »
    Mick Wallace.

What a crazy man.

Fair fooks to him - The Enoteca places are savage! In Inchicore of all places too.. it's jammers every night of the week. And they have extended it to about triple the original size, and they still fill it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

We met up in Temple Bar and ended up in Luigi Malones(nearest place).
    Nice food, good price and good service. Although there wasn't many people there, so lacking some athmosphere.
    Thanks for suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for future.
    There is a nice walk way through that Italian 'quarter' . I always stare in through the up-market "beanbag" shop and wonder how it exists-I've never seen any one bar staff in it!

Advertisement