Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Loved the Crime part but wasn't gone on the punishment - Fr Ted Crilly
    What a fantastic quote.
    Good luck with the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Crime and Punishment was the first novel of his that I read, and loved it. Since then I've waded through The Double, Notes from the Underground, and The Idiot. Also bought The Brothers Karamazov which is next on my list. His work has also kindled my interest in other Russian writers, like Tolstoy and Turgenev.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Crime and Punishment was the first novel of his that I read, and loved it. Since then I've waded through The Double, Notes from the Underground, and The Idiot. Also bought The Brothers Karamazov which is next on my list. His work has also kindled my interest in other Russian writers, like Tolstoy and Turgenev.

For me it was Tolstoy who kindled an interest in Dostoyevsky. Who's this Turgenev? I was also fairly interested in Pushkin but the fact that he writes mostly in verse put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭The Everlasting

Speak of the Devil!

The film version of Crime & Punishment is on TV tonight (Freeview Irish Channel 'Channel 6' at 10.20pm)

REALLY looking forward to this

Advertisement