Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brings you positive energy?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all, little movement in here for a long time!!!

Was just reading the personal issues on this site and was shocked by two posts left in the last 24 hours. Clearly heavy emotional stuff - and unfortunately leaving the individuals contemplating ending their lives.

On a slightly less heavy note, I would like to open a discussion on where spirituality brings light and life into ourlives? I'll start;

When I want a tanatlising glimpse at the 'inner' workings of the universe I like to re-read the way of the wizard. Thats a significant book for me and each time I read it I see a perspective of how some things just tick in my life and the universe together. Love it and find it up lifting as if someone wrote a map.

Sometimes songs are very poetic and spiritual too - enigma for example a small number of their songs are very mood changing and make me feel grounded and centred.

And finally and probobly most importantly meeting up with my close friends who understand 'energy' and how you feel it moving when we get talking about things!!

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Everything is potential positive energy! It' just a matter of releasing the potential through self-mastery.
    The limit is your imagination.

One of my main concerns at the moment is turning negative into positive by changing my reality tunnel/map/psychology.

For further information see:
    Prometheus Rising/Quantum Psychology by Robert Anton Wilson;
    Anything by Christopher S. Hyatt;
    Anything relating to (Zen) Buddhism;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity -Specifically thought and neuroplasticity;
    That's all I can recall right now.

Good energy at this point in my life comes from all the music I enjoy, all the people I know well, synchronicities, playing music, drawing, reading, doing simple meditation/energy work, some unwanted situations.

Good luck.
    AD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Listening to a good Praise & Worship CD does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

I have a back up of spiritual books/teachings that I fall back on
    generally meditation makes the sun shine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Suebird

hupyago wrote: »
    I have a back up of spiritual books/teachings that I fall back on
    generally meditation makes the sun shine for me

I'm with you on that one. I meditate daily and if I miss a day I notice it.

Other things that re-align me are Eckhart Tolle, What The Bleep, Thik Nhat Han, long talks with my sister in California, volunteering for people faced with death, my meditation group, my studies, and a good "leave your brain at the door" comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

My kids, music, my faith, good friends, a good cry, a good laugh, a good sleep,

• Advertisement
Advertisement