Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle

• 20-11-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

The greatest, most under rated and more sinned against than sinning Superstar in WWE History

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The greatest, most under rated and more sinned against than sinning Superstar in WWE History

What makes you say he is under rated? I think eveyone would give Angle his due. When he was on form he was one of the greatest of all time. Great in the ring, great promos could do Heel or Face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Angle isn't under-rated. He's just stupid for jumping to the competition instead of taking the time off to let his body heal and clean himself up.

Although this is one of the rate times where WWE's loss was TNA's gain.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Kurt angle underrated in WWE?Certainly not.......................
    I think that there was more to his jump to TNA than the WWE schedule

Yeah, the lack of drugs testing for a start...

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Yeah, the lack of drugs testing for a start...

VR!

lol nice way to put it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Never for one second was Angle under rated in WWE. Though I do think he should have gotten a better run as WWE champion. Only his run leading into WM19 was memorable, and even that was too short at about 14 weeks.

Nor do i think he was ever really 'sinned against'. Sure, he got released, but that was due to his litany of injuries which he was not given time to heal, and WWE at the time did not want another Eddie Guerrero situation on their hands, or at least didn't want him crippling himself in the ring.

The greatest, well he was fantastic and had some amazing matches, no one will deny that. Whether he was the greatest is open to opinion, though I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The WWE really miss him on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The WWE really miss him on the mic.

They miss him in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

VR!

eh hem.....Junior Fatass would beg to differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone else think that Kurt looks like he has gassed off the juice a little. His neck in particular didn't look as big on the latest Impact compared to 12 months ago.

• Advertisement

That was meant to say rare times, charlie. In this case, Angle going to TNA from WWE was definitely a gain for TNA.
    As for Junior Fatass, he'd probably still have a job in WWE if he didn't get busted milking his injury a couple of years back!

VR!

Angle isn't under-rated. He's just stupid for jumping to the competition instead of taking the time off to let his body heal and clean himself up.

VR!

No way was he stupid for jumping ship.While WWE is great for business, for wrestling and wrestlers, WWE is a sinking ship. Alot more talent in TNA also. Angle can always go back to WWE but again they will ask toom much of him. I like him alot better in TNA anyway . Even Tomko walked out on WWE. Lets face it WWE is worse then WCW when it went bust.

I'm sorry, but i'll wholeheartedly disagree there.
    WWE is in nowhere near dire straits as it was say this time 10-11 years ago when it was struggling out of the financial hole Kevin Nash left behind.

A lot more talent in TNA? I'll disagree, and i enjoy watching TNA, but other than the X Division, who'll never see a push or main event level in their lives, they have Joe, Angle, Christian and Jarrett who the title will circle around time out number. The rest are WWE/WCW hasbeens who can't generate the interest of fans anymore. Black Reign anyone?

TNA fills an arena of about 900 people a week, WWE fills a lot more. Most of TNA's admittance is free to anyone who went to bloody Disneyworld!

And you think WWE is doing worse? Are you actually serious?
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Anyone else think that Kurt looks like he has gassed off the juice a little. His neck in particular didn't look as big on the latest Impact compared to 12 months ago.

I listened to an interview with him a couple of weeks ago and he said that he's not taking any steroids or painkillers currently, only "pain blockers". I have no idea what pain blockers are, but they sound either more heavy-duty than painkillers or just illegal

Kurt didn't jump ship from WWE to TNA, WWE released him and the best options Kurt had from the sounds of it were TNA or MMA. And having seen an interview with him last week about MMA, he's very ignorant towards it and really doesn't seem to have ever had any real plans to give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote: »
    I listened to an interview with him a couple of weeks ago and he said that he's not taking any steroids or painkillers currently, only "pain blockers". I have no idea what pain blockers are, but they sound either more heavy-duty than painkillers or just illegal

Kurt didn't jump ship from WWE to TNA, WWE released him and the best options Kurt had from the sounds of it were TNA or MMA. And having seen an interview with him last week about MMA, he's very ignorant towards it and really doesn't seem to have ever had any real plans to give it a go

I dunno fozzy, I personally think that healing up his injuries, a stint in rehab to get of the painkillers and then a return to WWE would have been a far better long-term option than going to TNA while still addicted to painkillers and still f**ked up from numerous injuries - Maybe thats just me!

I also have no idea what "pain blockers" are, as opposed to painkillers - anyone have any idea? To be honest, I dont believe a word that comes out of Angle's mouth anymore - i defo dont think he's off painkillers and i dont see how he could be!

I dunno fozzy, I personally think that healing up his injuries, a stint in rehab to get of the painkillers and then a return to WWE would have been a far better long-term option than going to TNA while still addicted to painkillers and still f**ked up from numerous injuries - Maybe thats just me!

It would have been, but Kurt didn't seem to think that anything was wrong. My point was just that he didn't "jump ship", because that implies that WWE didn't want him to leave and it was his intention all along to join TNA

I was curious about the pain blockers so I did a search and it seems like that's what people call medication for stuff like diseases of the nerves, childbirth and spinal surgery recovery. Pretty heavy duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

He's not under-rated.

Amazing talent but somewhat careless when it comes to his personal health!

Would have loved to have seen Angle Vs Bret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They miss him in the ring.

Puh-lease! They need his recklessness right now like a hole in the head. How's about they bring him back so he can hit 450's and break his or someone else's neck live on RAW! That'll get the viewers alright after all the negative publicity of the past year.:rolleyes:

Angle is done and WWE knew it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I also have no idea what "pain blockers" are, as opposed to painkillers - anyone have any idea?

My best guess would be some form of hypnosis :D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Puh-lease! They need his recklessness right now like a hole in the head. How's about they bring him back so he can hit 450's and break his or someone else's neck live on RAW! That'll get the viewers alright after all the negative publicity of the past year.:rolleyes:

My general point is that even a Kurt Angle past his prime is still better than most in the ring and that WWE do not have a roster full of good wrestlers like they had in the past.

I wasn't referring to his health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

WWE were 100% right to let WWE go when they did, they got the best years out of him. He's been mildly entertaining in TNA but his matches haven't stood out. It was a good move for all three interested parties, Angle got a lighter workload, and the role as the big fish, TNA got their marquais attraction and WWE got rid of a ticking timebomb, health-wise. Win win win.

WWE could do with a character like his circa 2002, though, in ring and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Puh-lease! They need his recklessness right now like a hole in the head. How's about they bring him back so he can hit 450's and break his or someone else's neck live on RAW!

i am trying to remember whose neck he last broke on raw :confused:
    Double C wrote:
    WWE were 100% right to let WWE go when they did, they got the best years out of him. He's been mildly entertaining in TNA but his matches haven't stood out. It was a good move for all three interested parties, Angle got a lighter workload, and the role as the big fish, TNA got their marquais attraction and WWE got rid of a ticking timebomb, health-wise. Win win win.

angle left himself just like booker t because they f*cked around with him, putting him on a 3rd rank show.

since leaving WWE kurts singles matches have been very good; the three with samoa joe in November, December and January (the first two were MOTYC for 2006 imo), his match with Christian in February, Sting last month, 2 of the 3 matches at No surrender, his match with Lesnar in Japan in June, the King of the Mountain match in june was great fun to watch.

he has been booked horribly at times in tags and six mans and with current wrestling greats like nash, steiner and pacman jones :rolleyes:

His matches with Joe, especially the first one, was a big let down. As he would say himself, he's Kurt Freakin Angle, every match he competes in should be top notch. The one where he put Lethal over was excellent, and the one with Christian was very good. The Sting match would have been a MOTYC but for the retarded ending, but apart from those he really hasn't hit the heights that he set for himself in WWE. He's past his best.

The thing that suprises and dissapoints me most about Angles departure to TNA from WWE is that there now will not be an Angle DVD from WWE for a long time, if ever.

That would have been a fantastic release, and a real money spinner, as the amount of top matches he has been part of would have seen to that.

Double C wrote: »
    His matches with Joe, especially the first one, was a big let down. As he would say himself, he's Kurt Freakin Angle, every match he competes in should be top notch. The one where he put Lethal over was excellent, and the one with Christian was very good. The Sting match would have been a MOTYC but for the retarded ending, but apart from those he really hasn't hit the heights that he set for himself in WWE. He's past his best.

meltzer gave the first joe/angle match 4 1/2 stars IIRC and the second 4 1/4, neither were let downs, angle barely wrestled in the WWE throughout 2006 (instead getting moved around from raw to smackdown to ecw :mad:) so that makes his match at genesis all the more amazing

In fairness, I expected WAY too much from Joe vs Angle, it was somewhat of a dream match for me and I expceted a classic. When I didn't get it, I guess I just shat over it in my own head. I seem to remember a few people giving out about it though so I doubt Meltzer gave it 4 and a half, I check!

Angle Vs Joe 1 wasn't that good. It wa sonly about 12 minutes long, and never really got going. The fact that the idiot TNA fans were chanting "this is awesome" within the opening minute pissed me off as well.

I thought the second installment was a great match, but was soured for me by a ridiculous ref bump at the end. Not seen the third one, but I dont think I missed much. I hate 30 minute Iron Man matches, where there are about 5 falls. Totally lack in believability (if thats even a word).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Isn't the 450 banned in WWE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I wouldn't necessarily call Kurt Angle the most under-rated star.

I think his time with WWE was up.WWE didn't know what to do with him and his character was all over the place in the last stages ie being heel feuding with Michaels on Raw only to jump to Smackdown,win the belt and become face in a week and then jumping to ECW.

His character was inconsistent.Now he's in TNA where he is the champion and heel full time.I wouldn't say he's on death watch anymore.

• Advertisement

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Isn't the 450 banned in WWE?

jillian attempted it on raw but failed, so i suppose not, she pulled off a 450 in ovw

Yeah, I saw Jillian go to the top rope when I was fast forwarding, so I knew what was coming and I had to check it out. She did it a lot better than Angle did to her credit.

How come London is allowed do a standing Shooting Star but not one from the top rope? Morrison is allowed do his crazy corkscrew split leg moonsault and Yang is allowed hit the top rope moonsault. It's a shame cos London has no real finisher without the SSP.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i am trying to remember whose neck he last broke on raw :confused:

I'm pretty sure that flahavaj was talking about Angle doing a 450 splash in TNA and nearly breaking someone's neck with it

Yeah, Meltzer rated the first two Angle vs Joe matches ****1/4. I didn't think they lived up to what they should have been though. Sad looking back at it, it's when Joe started going downhill

The matches might have been good technichally but I felt that there was no excitement to them whatsoever. No electricity. A real anti-climax.

As for banned moves, the Vertebreaker was my favourite of the ones that are now illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Kurt was great he was the best Wrestler on WWE at the time he was let go.

He always kinda reminded me of mid 90's crazy Bob Backlund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

WWE do not have a roster full of good wrestlers like they had in the past.

This is just completely and utterly false. WWE has an unbelievably phenomenal wrestling roster at the moment however we're getting the same old words (HHH) on Raw and Batista on SD.

The undercard however is amazing even to the point of people off the main roster.

People like MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Elijah Burke, Morrison, Kendrick/London, Cade/Murdock, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, hell even Miz has come on a lot (but is far from good), while others like Jeff and Matt have gone from the mid to upper midcarders that they are and have shown in the last year that both have the potential to make it in the main event. Not to mention the returns of Edge and Jericho, Flairs back next week too and although old the guy can still knock out a solid match.

Off the main roster then you have Nattie Neidhart, Ted Dibiase Jr and probably the best coup other than CM Punk that WWE has scored in the last 2 years, Classic Colt Cabana.

It's a great time for wrestling in the WWE, it's just a terrible time for booking.
    No way was he stupid for jumping ship.While WWE is great for business, for wrestling and wrestlers, WWE is a sinking ship.

So it's doing great business wise and has great wrestling you're saying along with great wrestlers yet it's a sinking ship?...

jillian attempted it on raw but failed, so i suppose not, she pulled off a 450 in ovw

It's banned, most top rope moves are. London got **** canned a few months ago over a SSP. And Jillian just to be phenomenal in OVW, then she got the boob job and face lift and her wrestling went to **** over it.

• Advertisement

none of those guys you mention were even in the slight bit over when they let angle go, MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Elijah Burke, Morrison, Kendrick/London, Cade/Murdock, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Miz

Next to Cena; angle was probably the most over guy in the WWE, he was the anti-cena for want of a better word. I do agree though that in 2 years time if they can all stay fit the WWE will have a tremendous roster with cena, orton, lashley, edge, umaga, jericho, morrison, punk, mvp, hardys.

jillian is still a very good wrestler despite being a jobber now, she does look completely different than her time in ovw though, like a new person :eek: They removed the video of her on youtube before the surgery when she had the curls, twas funny, pity i didn't take a screen shot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

none of those guys you mention were even in the slight bit over when they let angle go, MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Elijah Burke, Morrison, Kendrick/London, Cade/Murdock, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Miz

I wasn't making that point, he was saying that the WWE roster today is terrible and depleted I was arguing that it wasn't and it's had possibly the strongest roster its had in the last 5 years. The reason it doesn't seem like it however is due to poor booking which it's suffered from lately (2003 anyone?) and the company has put all its eggs in the one basket (Cena) and his injury has really messed everything up.

If they actually fleshed out the undercard and not made a mockery of it (Hornswoggle) then some of those guys now or perhaps in the immediate future could be considered legitimate main eventers. Matt Hardy should have been one after the Edge feud, hell Jeff showed he could do it against Undertaker a few years ago, Benjamin although terrible on the mic is one of the most entertaining in ring personas they have when they let him loose and Punk/Miz/Burke all are main eventers on what arguably is the best current weekly show (though that will likely change with Edge/Jericho back)

Brimmy wrote: »

People like MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Elijah Burke, Morrison, Kendrick/London, Cade/Murdock, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, hell even Miz has come on a lot (but is far from good), while others like Jeff and Matt have gone from the mid to upper midcarders that they are and have shown in the last year that both have the potential to make it in the main event. Not to mention the returns of Edge and Jericho, Flairs back next week too and although old the guy can still knock out a solid match.

It's nowhere near the level of a roster they once had. I'm not saying there aren't some really good wrestlers. There are but in my opinion, they don't have as many elite guys as they once did. And the guys that are truly great are on the downward end of their career.

In 2002 I could have said on Smackdown alone they have Lesnar, Angle, Guererro and Benoit. For example the Summerclam card of 2002 was as follows:

Kurt Angle defeated Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair defeated Chris Jericho

Edge defeated Eddie Guerrero

The Un-Americans (Lance Storm and Christian) defeated Booker T and Goldust

Rob Van Dam defeated Chris Benoit to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship

The Undertaker defeated

Shawn Michaels defeated Triple H in an Unsanctioned Street Fight

Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) defeated The Rock

Brimmy wrote: »
    If they actually fleshed out the undercard and not made a mockery of it (Hornswoggle) then some of those guys now or perhaps in the immediate future could be considered legitimate main eventers. Matt Hardy should have been one after the Edge feud, hell Jeff showed he could do it against Undertaker a few years ago, Benjamin although terrible on the mic is one of the most entertaining in ring personas they have when they let him loose and Punk/Miz/Burke all are main eventers on what arguably is the best current weekly show (though that will likely change with Edge/Jericho back)

They don't really need to though. When they did that 3 or 4 years ago they got Batista, Cena, Orton and Rey out of it which leaves them with enough main eventers. Having said that, it's nice to see someone give ECW the praise it deserves, it's a great show that doesn't need Smackdown stars to give it a leg up

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that flahavaj was talking about Angle doing a 450 splash in TNA and nearly breaking someone's neck with it

Yeah, Meltzer rated the first two Angle vs Joe matches ****1/4. I didn't think they lived up to what they should have been though. Sad looking back at it, it's when Joe started going downhill

Thats exactly what i meant Fozzy, thank you.

As for Meltzer's ratings, i mean so what? Meltzer's always had his favourites and always overrqtes Samoa Joe matches. At the end of the day its just the opinion of one guy and as of late those opinions have become increasingly erratic. He gave the HHH/Batista HIAC something ridiculous like ****3/4, so yanno, each to his own.

• Advertisement

Thats exactly what i meant Fozzy, thank you.

As for Meltzer's ratings, i mean so what? Meltzer's always had his favourites and always overrqtes Samoa Joe matches. At the end of the day its just the opinion of one guy and as of late those opinions have become increasingly erratic. He gave the HHH/Batista HIAC something ridiculous like ****3/4, so yanno, each to his own.

batista/triple HIAC got ****1/2 and it twas a fine match.

i suspect each member of the observer staff have a say in the final ratings and as for having favourites and people he dislikes, look closer to home ;)

batista/triple HIAC got ****1/2 and it twas a fine match.

i suspect each member of the observer staff have a say in the final ratings and as for having favourites and people he dislikes, look closer to home ;)

If you mean that i too have people I favour and people I dislike, well yeah of course I do, don't you!? Its human nature after all. I actually am pretty sure the ratings we see are from Meltzer and he alone. I just don't take what he says as gospel, but do acknowledge that he is the most well respected reviewer out there. Star ratings can be irritating at the best of times, they purely represent a personal opinion. I've seen some of the most asinine arguments ever on message boards arguing over a ****ing quarter star! i mean what makes a match a quarter start beter than another and quite frankly, who gives a s**t!? The variety of opinions in the MOTY thread alone goes to show that one man's 5 start MOTY is another's DUD.

If you mean that i too have people I favour and people I dislike, well yeah of course I do, don't you!? Its human nature after all. I actually am pretty sure the ratings we see are from Meltzer and he alone. I just don't take what he says as gospel, but do acknowledge that he is the most well respected reviewer out there. Star ratings can be irritating at the best of times, they purely represent a personal opinion. I've seen some of the most asinine arguments ever on message boards arguing over a ****ing quarter star! i mean what makes a match a quarter start beter than another and quite frankly, who gives a s**t!? The variety of opinions in the MOTY thread alone goes to show that one man's 5 start MOTY is another's DUD.

That's kinda what I was getting at, I didn't agree with his rating of the Angle vs Joe matches and don't usually pay much attention to his star ratings. He's a great journalist and usually when he says a match is good then it's good, how good just depends on his taste

i don't have a favourite, i look on everyone as equal, most people don't take things like height, weight, age, conditioning, work schedule and so on into account when looking at wrestling. much easier to put on a good match if you only wrestle 3-4 days a month rather than 300 days a year, people like batista/undertaker deserve credit for some of their matches this year.

i will email meltzer and see how he comes to his star ratings, speaking of gospel most smarks like to quote meltzer when it suits them and ignore him when it doesn't, alot like christians and the bible actually :D

i will email meltzer and see how he comes to his star ratings, speaking of gospel most smarks like to quote meltzer when it suits them and ignore him when it doesn't, alot like christians and the bible actually :D

I'll save you the bother. He watches the match. He rates it.

And he freely he admits it's his opinion and thats it.

It depends on what you value more. For me, entertainment and storylines are more important than the technichal aspect as long as the wrestling is decent whereas others (in particular ROH marks like yourself and Double C) value the technichal side and ring psychology much more than storyline and the charisma of the performers

i don't have a favourite, i look on everyone as equal, most people don't take things like height, weight, age, conditioning, work schedule and so on into account when looking at wrestling. much easier to put on a good match if you only wrestle 3-4 days a month rather than 300 days a year, people like batista/undertaker deserve credit for some of their matches this year.

So, you don't prefer any wrestler's work over any others?! Preposterous!

You'd just as happily watch a compilation of Great Khali's matches than any other wrestler you'd care to name?

You're right the Undertaker/Batista series has been excellent and has certainly surpassed my expectations of what they could produce. Oh and by the way,Taker works a very limited schedule these days, nowhere 300 days a year.

However while I accept that its obviously easier on a wrestler's body to only wrestle 3/4 times a month and they will obviously heal up from injuries more quickly, thats really where it stops in terms of match quality. Shawn Michaels at his prime worked the 300 match a year schedule and yet, in 1996 had an unprecedented amount of entertaining matches that had bundles of stars thrown at them by all and sundry. If anything, wrestling house shows with a fanmiliar oponent night in, night out and getting to know how they work until it becomes second nature gives the best possible chance to put on a 4 to 5 star match on TV or PPV.

And anyway who exatcly are you referring to that only work 3/4 matches a month? The only people I can posibly think of are TNA and if so, your argument is done right there, because of all major promotions that i know of TNA produce the least that are generally regarded as 5 star or even close!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It depends on what you value more. For me, entertainment and storylines are more important than the technichal aspect as long as the wrestling is decent whereas others (in particular ROH marks like yourself and Double C) value the technichal side and ring psychology much more than storyline and the charisma of the performers

Exactly. I once heard a guy argue his point extremely well that the greatest match he had seen that year was Shane Vs Vince (I think it was that anyway, there were lots of McMahons involved anyhow!) from WM 17. Now while my opinion is that there were dozens of matches better, he was able to argue, with complete justification that to him this was the biggest storyline of the year, that it was the culmination of hours of TV time, that a number of storylines were intertwined in the match and they all came to a satisfactory conclusion i that one match. To him this was a 5 star match.

My point, in short, is that this guy taught me that we all look at our wrestling differently and can take enjoyment from diferent aspects of it. There's something for everyone. If you can make a solid argument to back up that opinion then I'm always happy to debate the point and certainly no ones opinion, if well backed up, is anymore right or wrong that the next guy's.

highlights of kurt angles interview over at bodybuilding.com
    On leaving WWE for TNA :
    "Vince McMahon told me, "Kurt, we need you full time." I told him, "Vince, if I can't go part time I'm going to have to quit." And that's where our differences really began. So I did what I had to do for my family and health, I moved on and went to TNA Wrestling. With TNA I saw a young, rapidly growing company that had an easier schedule that could possibly use a leader like me to help ignite their ratings."

On comparing WWE talent to TNA talent : "At TNA we are looking for the best wrestlers in the business with top athletic skills where WWE has, in the past, looked for the six-foot four, 300-pound massive muscle monsters. I am more comfortable at TNA because of my wrestling abilities and this is what made me popular in WWE; it was certainly not my physique."

On the WWE schedule vs. TNA schedule : "No, TNA is much better as it fits my schedule because I'm only on the road 100 to 150 days a year whereas at WWE I was on the road for almost 300. Wrestling in TNA allows my body to rest and recuperate, which also allows me more time to train properly to prepare for my matches. An example of the difference at TNA is we have 50 house-shows, 12 pay-per-view and about 38 TV matches per year (100 TNA matches) compared to 280 matches a year at WWE. So my body isn't getting so beat down and I feel 100% better. And for my neck, thank God! TNA's schedule is so much better for my body."

highlights of kurt angles interview over at bodybuilding.com

After some of the ****e that Kurt has talked since he has left WWE, I've long since formed the opinion that the guys totaly delusional and not to take anything he says seriously. The guys a joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement