Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »
    After some of the ****e that Kurt has talked since he has left WWE, I've long since formed the opinion that the guys totaly delusional and not to take anything he says seriously. The guys a joke at this stage.

i don't see anything delusional written in that piece, kurt left WWE for TNA for a lighter schedule based on family and health reasons.

WWE pushed 6'4 300lb muscleheads in the past and still do ahead of more talented smaller wrestlers

WWE's schedule is ridiculous, one week in Australia, the next in germany

cmon man lay off the angle hating, its getting tired at this stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nothing delusional? Right the one that jumped out at me was this one!

"At TNA we are looking for the best wrestlers in the business with top athletic skills where WWE has, in the past, looked for the six-foot four, 300-pound massive muscle monsters. I am more comfortable at TNA because of my wrestling abilities and this is what made me popular in WWE; it was certainly not my physique."

This is the TNA that has recently signed Scott Hall, Johnny Stamboli,Tonko,Dustin Rhodes, Judas f'n, Mesias, Matt Morgan......the list goeson!

Best wrestlers in the business my hole!!! Sounds like a LOT of 6 foot four 3o0 pound monsters there dude!;)

This is the same Kurt Angle who banged on for months about doing MMA despite obviously having NO clue about it. The same Kurt whom promised 5 star match of the year candidates every time he stepped in a TNA ring!!

The guys had too many pain killers, hes nuts!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i don't see anything delusional written in that piece, kurt left WWE for TNA for a lighter schedule based on family and health reasons.

WWE pushed 6'4 300lb muscleheads in the past and still do ahead of more talented smaller wrestlers

WWE's schedule is ridiculous, one week in Australia, the next in germany

cmon man lay off the angle hating, its getting tired at this stage :D

Well he was effectively fired from WWE as opposed to leaving of his own accord and TNA has been pushing 6'4 300Ib muscleheads just as much. In fact they are using washed up muscleheads which is worse.

I wouldn't say Angle is delusional as I think he is trying to sell his company to those not aware of it but it's a sell that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Kurt didn't leave WWE, he was released! I read that interview last night, there were a fair few deluded comments in it, I'll go pick out the ones that made me raise an eyebrow

Kurt Angle wrote:
    TNA is averaging between a 1.1-1.5 rating on Spike TV, which is very good on cable, where I believe WWE is doing around a 2.6

When did TNA ever do a 1.5?! I think the highest they've ever got was a 1.3, and that came after Kurt did the interview. Raw's doing a lot better than the SD number he said

He called himself "the most recognized and celebrated athlete in the world", which is debatable, to say the least. He said he'd make up his mind about MMA by mid-November, I think we're still waiting to find out what he's doing

When asked about a possible MMA opponent, he said that he wouldn't just jump in there with anybody as there's a lot of dangerous fighters who could easily damage his neck. Then in the next sentence he names Randy Couture as a possible opponent! One of the best fighters in the world!

And here's one last comment from him to make you think:
    Kurt Angle wrote:
    A lot of guys will claim they are the best wrestler, like Triple-H and Shawn Michaels, but from the fans perspective Kurt Angle was the best pro wrestler ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

It isnt the first time Kurts deluded himself in interviews regarding TNAs success. Anybody have an idea what kind of money hes making for the promotion?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    It isnt the first time Kurts deluded himself in interviews regarding TNAs success. Anybody have an idea what kind of money hes making for the promotion?

In fact he hasn't afected their TV rating or PPV buyrate at all. I think there's been like a .1 average rise in the entire time he's been there which might not even have been necessarily down to him.

the wwe and angle came to an arrangement on him leaving and they themselves released this on the day of him leaving
    WWE wrote:
    "Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future"

the WWE hopes to establish a new relationship with a guy they just sacked, wtf :confused:

as for TNA pushing big guys, they have big guys on their roster, not so sure they are pushing them though, Abyss is the only 6 foot guy that has been TNA champ since the promotion started, shamrock, killings, jarrett, styles, raven, christian, angle are all under 6 foot and all well under 300lb. They had Jay lethal cleanly pin angle for a title just a few months back and at the same time they have had nash in roles as a doctor, a trainer and morgan as a bodyguard

the wwe and angle came to an arrangement on him leaving and they themselves released this on the day of him leaving

the WWE hopes to establish a new relationship with a guy they just sacked, wtf :confused:

Yeah, WWE released him because they felt he had health issues that he needed to sort out. If he got back into good shape then of course they'd want to have him back. He wasn't released because they didn't want him, it was for what they thought were his best interests. They even stuck up an interview with him on their site after he was released. When the rumours starting going around about Kurt wrestling somewhere else or doing MMA, WWE said on their site that the meeting they had with Kurt was heated and he was a wreck when he left or something like that
    as for TNA pushing big guys, they have big guys on their roster, not so sure they are pushing them though

Guys like Dustin Rhodes and Kevin Nash wrestled on their last PPV, while guys like Homicide and Petey Williams couldn't get onto the show. The latter two offer a lot more today than the former two

• Advertisement

as for TNA pushing big guys, they have big guys on their roster, not so sure they are pushing them though, Abyss is the only 6 foot guy that has been TNA champ since the promotion started, shamrock, killings, jarrett, styles, raven, christian, angle are all under 6 foot and all well under 300lb. They had Jay lethal cleanly pin angle for a title just a few months back and at the same time they have had nash in roles as a doctor, a trainer and morgan as a bodyguard

Is this the same Kevin Nash who headlined the last TNA PPV and is due to headline the next!?

Yes they had Jay Lethal pin Angle, but it WAS with a surprise roll up and it WAS Angle's second match of the night. And then they proceeded to undo all their good work by having him tossed out of the gauntlet later that night like a jobber!

As for Morgan, h's hardly likely to remain in the bodyguard role forever. Diesel started out that way too (10 years ago as well my frien, when he could actually walk!) and Batista was a bloody Deacon: they both made their way to the top of the card in time. The point is, everyone has to start somewhere.

There was a time, around 18 months ago when the smaller guys like Styles and Danies were at the top of the card and getting the push and recognition they deserved, but those days are long gone. TNA went the WWE-reject route and decided that Golddust and his ****ing rat were far more worthy of our viewing time.

C'mon man, TNA is a poor man's WWE, signing up every has been that Vince has no use for that they can get their hands on. Just because a drug addled, self delusional has been says otherwise, doesn't mean for one second that its true, its true!!!(see what i did there!):D

You're going from claiming Angle isn't self delusional to defending the laughable booking in TNA and you're going nowhere fast. Just like TNA and your beloved Kurtie!;)

flahavaj; i am not going to argue with you over kurt angle because if you believe Val Venis is a better wrestler than angle then what can i say to change your mind :eek: your arguments against angle have been awful so far btw, ok you don't like him we get that, did he steal your girlfriend by any chance :p

throwing out statements like "TNA went the WWE-reject route" (your not the first to claim this btw) is always the easiest thing to do.

did WWF go the WCW-reject route when they signed up foley, austin, trips in 1995-96 :confused: surely the likes of MVP,Mr.Kennedy,Mickie James and Cm Punk are in essence TNA rejects :D TNA use ex-WWE stars because WWE names are more easily recognized and widely known which in turn TNA hope will bring along a new fanbase, the alternative to that is taking the long route; promoting someone new until they gain the same popularity status as some ex-WWE superstar, i don't think the people running spike tv have patience to wait for the long route to bear fruit, they want instant results, they see WWE ratings and they want some of that, TNA tried the long route for a few years and it didn't really work, yes it made smarks like yourself and myself happy (ok happyish) but it didn't make them any money. The people who watch wrestling on tv in the states don't give a fcuk if the wrestler can't wrestle for sh*t as long as he is entertaining and recognizable

Kevin Nash is one of the most recognizable wrestlers of the last 15 years, he won't win the title so whats the problem, morgan is a fine wrestler for a man of his size and has experience in japan, he should be used more. You give examples of wrestlers who started off low down, well giant silva never moved up the card in WWE, neither did nathan jones, its taken Big Daddy V 12 years to get a re-push. Batista was always in line for a monster push in the WWE, the guy was pushed to the roof in OVW just like Cena, of course becoming best buddies with Triple H did help matters, same with Kevin nash and shawn michaels ;)

flahavaj; i am not going to argue with you over kurt angle because if you believe Val Venis is a better wrestler than angle then what can i say to change your mind :eek: your arguments against angle have been awful so far btw, ok you don't like him we get that, did he steal your girlfriend by any chance :p

throwing out statements like "TNA went the WWE-reject route" (your not the first to claim this btw) is always the easiest thing to do.

It's an undeniable fact that the TNA roster is ful of guys that WWE no longer wanted, man, arguing that absolute fact is pointless!

did WWF go the WCW-reject route when they signed up foley, austin, trips in 1995-96 :confused: surely the likes of MVP,Mr.Kennedy,Mickie James and Cm Punk are in essence TNA rejects :D TNA use ex-WWE stars because WWE names are more easily recognized and widely known which in turn TNA hope will bring along a new fanbase, the alternative to that is taking the long route; promoting someone new until they gain the same popularity status as some ex-WWE superstar, i don't think the people running spike tv have patience to wait for the long route to bear fruit, they want instant results, they see WWE ratings and they want some of that, TNA tried the long route for a few years and it didn't really work, yes it made smarks like yourself and myself happy (ok happyish) but it didn't make them any money. The people who watch wrestling on tv in the states don't give a fcuk if the wrestler can't wrestle for sh*t as long as he is entertaining and recognizable

It's ridiculous to take Foley, Ausin and HHH, guys in their prime who had superstar potential that Vince had the foresight to spot and compare them with over the hill has beens like Scott Hall, Dustin Rhodes and kevin Nash who have done NOTHING in donkey's years. Bad examples.

Yes Punk and Mickie had stints in TNA while they were indy workers. At the time they worked there TNA didn't hand them or anyone else exclusive contracts like they do now, in essence in the PPV era TNA was a glorified indy themselves who happened to have PPV. They could've worked anywhere they were booked until they signed with WWE, which they eventually did. I'm not aware that kennedy or MVP ( I know he did some FIP and maybe one ROH date before WWE signed him), but if they did, the same logic applies. Again bad, bad examples.

they want instant results, they see WWE ratings and they want some of that, TNA tried the long route for a few years and it didn't really work, yes it made smarks like yourself and myself happy (ok happyish) but it didn't make them any money. The people who watch wrestling on tv in the states don't give a fcuk if the wrestler can't wrestle for sh*t as long as he is entertaining and recognizable

And yet what has signing these so called "recognisable" faces done for business. Absolutely nothing. The ratings haven'y gone up at all!

its also an undeniable fact that any wrestler that has every drawn a dime in the US has at one time or another worked for the WWE (apart from Sting)

so where do you go:confused: bring in a bunch of indie nobodies and hope their wrestling talent gets them over with the redneck american tv viewing public??

flahavaj i am interested to hear what you would do if you were in charge in tna, not forgetting the network execs are breathing down your neck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

did WWF go the WCW-reject route when they signed up foley, austin, trips in 1995-96 :confused: surely the likes of MVP,Mr.Kennedy,Mickie James and Cm Punk are in essence TNA rejects :

No, WWF did not go that route as they made entirely new SUPERSTARS out of people who were either mis used, or not used that often by WCW. WWF saw what these two could do and ran with that. When talking about Austins career, not many will say he was a WCW reject, rather one of the biggest stars the wrestling industry has ever seen.

HHH again is a WWF/E product, not a WCW reject. Point is, TNA are trying to gain from name value of former WWE performers. WWF hired the likes of Foley, Austin, HHH in the mid 90s but they were not marquee signings who were immediately pushed to the top of cards, they were developed.

TNA has this chance with the likes of AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, James Storm, Alex Shelley, Samoa Joe, Senshi etc etc but they wont even try for whatever reason.

Kevin Nash is one of the most recognizable wrestlers of the last 15 years, he won't win the title so whats the problem, morgan is a fine wrestler for a man of his size and has experience in japan, he should be used more. You give examples of wrestlers who started off low down, well giant silva never moved up the card in WWE, neither did nathan jones, its taken Big Daddy V 12 years to get a re-push. Batista was always in line for a monster push in the WWE, the guy was pushed to the roof in OVW just like Cena, of course becoming best buddies with Triple H did help matters, same with Kevin nash and shawn michaels ;)

The problem with Nash is he's been in 2 consecutive main evets despite barely being able to walk. Whether he'l take the title or not is irrelevant, he's still taking up spots from the home-grown talent that TNA should be producing.

Giant Silva and Nathan were horrible, they never deserved their push!!!

Big Daddy V is an AWFUL example since how he started off wrestling as Mabel and was given a totaly undeserved push, even winning King of the Ring!!

You're just digging a deeper hole man, time to let it go!:p

its also an undeniable fact that any wrestler that has every drawn a dime in the US has at one time or another worked for the WWE (apart from Sting)

so where do you go:confused: bring in a bunch of indie nobodies and hope their wrestling talent gets them over with the redneck american tv viewing public??

flahavaj i am interested to hear what you would do if you were in charge in tna, not forgetting the network execs are breathing down your neck

Firstly clear out all the dead wood. Guys who were washed up in WWE like Rhodes, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,, Nash and Hall will do nothing for the company. They can't even work a proper match they're so ****ed.

Recognisable faces like Christian and Booker, WHO CAN STILL ACTUALLY WORK, are grand, as long as they're motivated to work hard and prepared to put the younger talent over. That's the key to getting young guys over. Have them work with the established guys who can actually keep up with them with the established guys putting them over i a pasing of the torch kinda deal.

Build around the guys who are established now as TNA's home grown stars like Joe, Styles, Daniels, LAX, the MCMG. TNA obviously agreed at one stage, on their first Monday night special, they had Joe and Daniels main event.

The aim of TNA when the started was to provide a genuine alternative to WWE. Having a roster that reads like their retirement home only makes them look second best and like WWE wannabes. No one wants to see guys needing to wear oversized T shirts to hide their beer guts like Hall had to on Impact a few weeks ago. Thats just embarrassing. their catchphrase is "We are wrestling." Alcoholic pensioners who can only waddle around and make stupid faces don't tie in with this I'm afraid.

Lets face it, bringing in all these rejects hasn't improved ratings, surely the network execs will recognise that! Getting rid of them and pushing the young blood can't make things any worse. The viewers they have are die hard fans who aren't going anywhere. At least with younger guys on top like Joe, the company has a better long term future, or do you propose to still have Hall and Nash in the m,main event in 5 years time.

You know it makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Styles and Joe in the main event at Turning Point,underusing argument out the window. MCMG in a major feud with 3D,underusing argument out the window, The only person TNA underuses is Petey Williams. Look at Kaz, TNA pushed him and I spotted a person on this forum complaining about that. You can never be satisfied and don't call Angle a WWE castaway as the best matches in TNA this year involved him(Lethal Lockdown, King of the Mountain, Sacrifice, V Lethal, V Abyss, V Joe). Same applies to Rhino and Christian Cage.

The only person TNA underuses is Petey Williams.

Altogether now...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Turning Point will feature Scott Hall and Kevin Nash in the main event. One guy who 2 months ago wasn't wrestling matches in TNA and another who 2 months ago wasn't even IN TNA.

Petey Williams is far from the only guy underutilised. Guys who were supposed to be the future of the company have had to make way for washed up has-beens.

• Advertisement

Styles and Joe in the main event at Turning Point,underusing argument out the window. MCMG in a major feud with 3D,underusing argument out the window, The only person TNA underuses is Petey Williams. Look at Kaz, TNA pushed him and I spotted a person on this forum complaining about that. You can never be satisfied and don't call Angle a WWE castaway as the best matches in TNA this year involved him(Lethal Lockdown, King of the Mountain, Sacrifice, V Lethal, V Abyss, V Joe). Same applies to Rhino and Christian Cage.

Petey ****ing Williams!? The only place this guy could possibly be underused is on the dole queue. He absolutely sucks the meat missile. He's a one move wonder and that move is the most coontrived rubbish i've ever seen in a ROH ring at that.

He IS a WWE castaway, thats a fact dude. Being in TNA's best match of the year is like saying you 're the brainiest dude in the special class:no great victory and no one really cares anyhow.

Rhino has done Jack **** since he left WWE. Nothing memorable whatsoever, not on eamazing promo, match orincident, he's been mid card fodder just like in WWE. As for Christian, his TNA run is living proof that all the internet whiners who thought he was a bone fide main eventer were sorely wrong. He's an entertaining mid card act at best, as a company'e figurehead, his TNA run proves he's sadly lacking.

As for Christian, his TNA run is living proof that all the internet whiners who thought he was a bone fide main eventer were sorely wrong. He's an entertaining mid card act at best, as a company'e figurehead, his TNA run proves he's sadly lacking.

What is Christian lacking exactly? His merchandise sales were great in 2005 in WWE and he was getting over huge. He is good on the mic and wrestles a good match.

I reckon along with Sting he's a guy WWE would love to have.

The only thing he lacked was an opportunity. He has tons more to offer than a guy like Ken Kennedy.

What is Christian lacking exactly? His merchandise sales were great in 2005 in WWE and he was getting over huge. He is good on the mic and wrestles a good match.

I reckon along with Sting he's a guy WWE would love to have.

The only thing he lacked was an opportunity. He has tons more to offer than a guy like Ken Kennedy.

He's just not a credible main eventer in my opinion. The guy screams mid card to me. Maybe he was stuck there for too long acting the chicken**** heel, embroiled in mid card feud after mid card feud but I for one could never take him seriouslyas a threat to the established main eventers. I really like Christian, don't get me wrong and at times they guy has made me laugh aloud with his shtick, but that doesn't make him a main eventer in any way, shape or form. He'sa jobber to he stars at best I'm afraid and thats all he was ever destined to be in WWE and rightly so IMO.

He's just not a credible main eventer in my opinion. The guy screams mid card to me. Maybe he was stuck there for too long acting the chicken**** heel, embroiled in mid card feud after mid card feud but I for one could never take him seriouslyas a threat to the established main eventers. I really like Christian, don't get me wrong and at times they guy has made me laugh aloud with his shtick, but that doesn't make him a main eventer in any way, shape or form. He'sa jobber to he stars at best I'm afraid and thats all he was ever destined to be in WWE and rightly so IMO.

Wow never heard anyone express that view before. Each to their own I guess.

Petey Williams is one of the most talented wrestlers in TNA. I have never seenb a bad Petey Williams match plus the Canadian Destroyer helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Canadian Destroyer does not make him a good wrestler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Trevor Murdoch uses the Canadian Destroyer for christ sake!!!!

Trevor Murdoch uses Code Red, one of Amazing Red's moves, and he's better than Red or Petey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Are you serious Fozzy?, Petey Williams is a great wrestler and has many more moves than the canadian destroyer, such as his slingshot headscissors to the outside, Slingshot double knee gutbuster, Canadian Legsweep, Slingshot diving leg drop,Spinning DDT and so on

Hes a high flyer and many people dont like that, but he's a good one so is Sonjay Dutt but he has a bad gimmick

The TNA fans have always reacted to Petey, so on that basis I do think that he should be on tv rather than some guys who are now. But I don't think Petey is that great a wrestler. Moves don't matter at all. You can have a great match with three basic moves or a hundred crazy ones, it's in between that Petey is lacking

• Advertisement

I find he rolls along quite nicely but it seems to be the case with most canadian wrestlers they have all the skill but seem to be lacking a certain something on the charisma/showmanship side, the only one that seems to have it is jericho

Edge????????????????????????????????????????????

You have maybe Edge although he has come into his own recently, arguable Christian and Jericho

On the other side is Lance Storm, Benoit, Test,Bret Hart,Petey Bobby Roode and so on

EdK wrote: »
    You have maybe Edge although he has come into his own recently, arguable Christian and Jericho

On the other side is Lance Storm, Benoit, Test,Bret Hart,Petey Bobby Roode and so on

Bret certainly did well for himself for a guy who supposedly lacked charisma/showmanship!

I don't think it's fair to say Canadian wrestlers lack charisma. You've got the obvious names already mentioned like Jericho, Edge and Christian. Then there's guys like Roddy Piper, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Rick Martel, Dino Bravo, Pat Patterson and Owen Hart.

And with regards to women let's not forget Trish Stratus, one of the most charismatic female wrestlers ever.

Bret had the showmanship but he still wansnt the total package and i'm a Hart fan, I'm not trying to stereotype Canadian wrestlers but alot modern day Canadians who work for the bigger companies are missing something i cant put my finger on, otherwise they would be the real deal

But no its not just canadians many wrestlers have certain areas they shine in and one or two things holding them back from the big time, My eg for now Shelton Benjamin, decent look, good background, good in the ring, but he lacks charisma and mic skills so he will probably never be big.

Then again the The Rock wasnt the total package, he had the lineage the charisma, the showmanship, the look but he was only ok in the ring but it wasnt as noticeable because he was strong in all the other areas including selling

EdK wrote:
    Bret had the showmanship but he still wansnt the total package and i'm a Hart fan,

Interesting choice of words there seeing as the big babyface push in the mid-nineties for the Total Package Lex Luger flopped and the fans ended up rallying behind Bret Hart!

Bret clearly didn't have the charisma of a Rock or an Austin but to say he had NO charisma is absurd beyond belief. Do you honestly think the guy became the top babyface in the biggest promotion on the planet without having any charisma? Be serious.
    EdK wrote:
    I'm not trying to stereotype Canadian wrestlers but alot modern day Canadians who work for the bigger companies are missing something i cant put my finger on, otherwise they would be the real deal

Again - Edge, Y2J, Christian Cage? I would say they are the real deal.

Nationality has nothing to do with it. A lot of it is down to opportunity. Santino for example was a horrible generic babyface who seemingly had no charisma yet they turned him heel, gave him a mic and now he's getting praise for his segments.

Who else gets mic time? Look at a guy like Cody Rhodes. They shove this guy in the ring and give him little to no mic time and no one gives a sh*t about him. Same with London and Kendrick.

Yet you have Ken Kennedy every week getting tons of mic time and surprise, surprise the guy starts to get over. It's POLITICS man.

I never said he Bret didnt have any but he didnt exactly ooze it either he got over on his wrestling ability and it had alot to do with the opponents he faced

I find he rolls along quite nicely but it seems to be the case with most canadian wrestlers they have all the skill but seem to be lacking a certain something on the charisma/showmanship side, the only one that seems to have it is jericho

Also, what about Owen Hart, spades of charisma

Are you serious Fozzy?, Petey Williams is a great wrestler and has many more moves than the canadian destroyer, such as his slingshot headscissors to the outside, Slingshot double knee gutbuster, Canadian Legsweep, Slingshot diving leg drop,Spinning DDT and so on

Hes a high flyer and many people dont like that, but he's a good one so is Sonjay Dutt but he has a bad gimmick

Good grief this kind of stuff is what's wrong with wrestling fans these days. Basing a guy's abilities on the amount of MOOVEZ!!! he can pull off is ridiculous. Jerry Lawler did nothing but throw punches in Memphis for years and he was incredible.

Petey Williamsis a terible worker with absolutely no comprehension of how to wrestle a coherent, psychologically sound match. He's a joke. The fact that of everyone on the TNA roster, they chose him to work with Liger a few years back still makes me sick to my stomach. What an insult to a bone fide legend to have to drag something decent out of that waste of space.:mad:

• Advertisement

Talk about a sweeping generalisation......:rolleyes:

Good grief this kind of stuff is what's wrong with wrestling fans these days. Basing a guy's abilities on the amount of MOOVEZ!!! he can pull off is ridiculous. Jerry Lawler did nothing but throw punches in Memphis for years and he was incredible.

Petey Williamsis a terible worker with absolutely no comprehension of how to wrestle a coherent, psychologically sound match. He's a joke. The fact that of everyone on the TNA roster, they chose him to work with Liger a few years back still makes me sick to my stomach. What an insult to a bone fide legend to have to drag something decent out of that waste of space.:mad:

Not at all harsh anyway!

Please direct your to the video thread and watch a great wrestler at work,especially the first 2 matches.If you want your point disproved and are a wrestling fan of some merit you will take some time to watch a few of these matches.

Advertisement