Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Checkpoint on Tramore Road

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scout353 wrote: »
    They took delivery recently of these fancy portable flashing blue discs that sit on the road so maybe they are playing with their new toys!!

There was a big checkpoint by Tramore AFC one night last week. Two Traffic Corps Jeeps and a car and those crazy little flashing discs. Also came upon a similar checkpoint at the train station roundabout in Waterford recently.

Interestingly I was waved through and as I approached the GAA centre roundabout a small white van came off the roundabout, spotted the checkpoint and just reversed back onto the roundabout and took off back up towards the racecourse!!
    They were doing that around the time of the races and I apporached it. Just took a detour to avoid it, as I knew they would take forever to get through!

Advertisement