Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Presence on Church Rd. Tramore

• 20-11-2007 1:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me, or in the last few months have the guards (undercover, even in their own personal cars) been sitting on the roadway entering the estate just before the road into Priests Rd? There constantly sitting there, watching. At first I thought it was speed checks but I spotted two - what I think (99%) are - undercover guards sitting in a unmarked car (not the usual ones either) this morning as I drove out to the Airport at 11.30. At 1PM I came back to find them still there.

9 times out of 10 there is always some car parked there with people in it. No matter how late, they just sit there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've heard a few rumors that they are doing a stake out, but if they are that obvious, surly who ever they are watching would have copped on by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sounds more like 'protection'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, never thought of that until now, ya could be onto something there Ash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jdb66

Would they not be better off sat outside the Vic to nab the off duty plod from town and Tramore who think nothing of propping the bar up for a few hours and then getting into their cars and driving?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Protection? In Tramore? Weird. Never heard of anyone in the town in anything major that needs protection. That street is fairly quiet, its like a priest, a surf shop business owner and a guard..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Someone who lives around there told me that a judge lives there and needs protection, never heard of a judge living there though and don't know why he needs protection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fantasma

its good to see they are doing their job

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Someone who lives around there told me that a judge lives there and needs protection, never heard of a judge living there though and don't know why he needs protection

Not really.. a solicitor lives near by but its a bit out of the way for the guards. The house has large walls, auto gates and CCTV.

Sully wrote: »
    Not really.. a solicitor lives near by but its a bit out of the way for the guards. The house has large walls, auto gates and CCTV.
    OK well thats just what he said, I dont know of any judge there myself, but I don't see why a solicitor in this area would need protection

Ask yourself why the same solicitor is secured in with high walls, eletric gates and CCTV covered house? :p

• Advertisement

But anyone can decide to secure their own property and family at their own expense, its why a solicitor needs protection which is being paid for by mine and your taxes that i'm wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't see why a solicitor in this area would need protection
    It could be the DPP or Chief State Solicitor or similar. ;)

Does he live there though?

I know the state solicitor for Waterford, not sure if he is from Tramore though

The house they park outside is a former surf shop owner's

Well to be fair, it might be a considence that house is directly across from where they are. Theres about 3 houses they face out onto, including his.

That person btw, is the owner of another surf shop. Smaller one then tBay, up on Red Cottage Lane I think.

It could be the DPP or Chief State Solicitor or similar. ;)

Strangely, I dont think so. I think its some normal solicitor who does high profile cases and decided protection like that is what he needed.

Sully wrote: »
    Well to be fair, it might be a considence that house is directly across from where they are. Theres about 3 houses they face out onto, including his.

That person btw, is the owner of another surf shop. Smaller one then tBay, up on Red Cottage Lane I think.
    Yeah I suppose they seem as if they are watching a house on church road or else the line of terraced houses, rather than the lane they are parked at the entrance to, was in a house in that lane several times last night and they didnt even seem to look at my car going in

A guard on a bike was at the top of Priests Road this morning for about 20mins. When I drove past him first, he was talking on the radio while the guards were further back in the estate they usual are in. Drove up that way about 10mins later to find a queue of cars stopped. I got the end of what a passerby was telling the car in front that the guard was stopping all traffic going to the cove.

Didnt last very long, as traffic continued as normal a little bit later. Car in front didnt continue, he felt he needed to avoid the guard and did a shambles of a U-Turn while getting a belt of my horn for his pathetic and dangerous driving.

dodgy goings on in tramore it seems

There watching a Waterford guard, who has had his life threatened by a chap in an upcoming high profile case. Thats all I can say on the matter, I dont want to go into detail until its given as evidence (if it is) in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 biddybutts

just forget about everything ye've been talking about n stay out of it:eek: it's dangerous stuff that doesn't involve ne one cept the guards n the people involved

• Advertisement

Why is it dangerous? Its obvious whats happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

my mate lives up there and it looks like they write down stuff when u pass and stare you out of it. id suggest removing the thread though, not the place to be talking about it, even though the whole town knows whats goin down!

Seems to have been called off, very little pressence anymore.

Though this type of protection isnt a secret, as long as we dont start naming names I suppose.

Are they still here? Have certainly seen them once or twice since Christmas

Advertisement