Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone for de Wife for Christmas !

• 20-11-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a new phone for de wife for christmas the usual annual upgrade ! She is a prepay customer currently with 02, and has a pink Nokia 6111. She doesn't really like it that much, and it often turns off on her.

The main criteria would be:

- ideally looks sexy and cool
    - mainly used for text, calls, and pictures of the kids, and relations kids...

From looking at what's there on 02, everything seems quite poor? I would like to stick with Nokia but she wouldn't have much of a preference.

Any thought's or suggestions or other avenues to explore?

I'm not really familiar with perhaps buying SIM free, or anything like that, so perhaps I should be looking there ? Budget around 200euro'ish.

Advice welcome. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the nokia 6300 is v.nice
    nice screen and camera and a good size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Samsung U600 is available on O2, is sexy and affordable from what I recall. Thinking of getting my missus one of these too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Lg Ku970?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

eddiem74 wrote: »
    She is a prepay customer currently with 02, and has a pink Nokia 6111. She doesn't really like it that much, and it often turns off on her.

Those 6111's are a feckin' disgrace - one of the worst made phones I've ever seen bought one for the missus three months ago and it practically fell apart. Nokia should recall every one of them.

I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson W580i - great phone good camera and MP3 player - €179 on O2 Prepay - I'm sure she'd get a load of free credit with that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

MiCr0 wrote: »
    the nokia 6300 is v.nice
    I have one and I was about to recommend it also, it's an amazing little phone - and sturdy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Never buy sim free if you can avoid it, its not worth the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Screa

Sony ericsson w300i
    ive droped mine like a million times and it still works perfectly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nokia 7373?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Sony Ericsson W580i - Great little handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Phone for the wife for Christmas and an upgrade at that? Where did romance go? Dump the kids with some unsuspecting relative and take her away for a week instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Bluefrog, romance is a alive and well !! She does alright, u don't need to worry about dat !

Everyone else,

Thanks for getting back, so it looks like its shaping up between the Nokia 6300 and Sony Ericsson W580i. Might give the Sony a try, seems a little newer........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Glad to hear it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

MiCr0 wrote: »
    the nokia 6300 is v.nice

My wife got one a few days ago and she is very happy with it. The camera seems to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

get her a framed certificate promising her ull never refer to her as "de wife" again...that'l do wonders for her and no present could ever beat that....EVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

By the way, battery life on the 6300 is terrible there have been an awful lot of complaints about it if you check some of the other threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    get her a framed certificate promising her ull never refer to her as "de wife" again...that'l do wonders for her and no present could ever beat that....EVER

rofl

Advertisement