Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Burner Cutting out

Options
  • 20-11-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I have a external firebird, heatpac 82 oil burner in the converted shed. It hasn't been used in a couple of years and started it up last week. It turned on but after a few minutes cut out and did not restart as burners should. I gave it a good service yesterday, replacing gaskets and cleaning out and it fired up, the pipes at the immersion tank started to get warm, thought I was on to a winner and it cut out without restarting again. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Sounds like the boiler might be working fine - but the circulating pump (or motorised valve) is stuck. Sometimes a gentle tap with a hammer will work.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

I was thinking the same, theres slight corrosion on it and I did give it a few taps but I was unsure how this would affect it?, I'll try again, the thing has been sitting there a long time and could have seized.

Thanks.....

Advertisement