Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steeples (Ballyfermot/Chapelizod)

Options
  • 20-11-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying an apartment there.
    So without getting into a discussion about the pros/cons of buying now :p, does anyone know what the area is like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

its a hole ,
    avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I live very close to The Steeples. The place I'm in is great and after 5 years here I have no intention of moving.

The area is OK but doesn't have an awful lot of facilities apart from a good (if slightly rough!) 78A bus service into town.

As for The Steeples itself there have always been loads of For Sale & To Let signs outside. To me that suggests more people want out than in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I agree it's not served very well.It had two garages very close,one closed down and the other shuts at midnight.If anything the estate is probably quiter now that one of the garages is gone. As was mentioned there has always been a lot of for sale signs,I always put it down to first timers moving on rather than the area being rough,although those signs could be a barganing point for a shrewd buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Apologies for bumping this old thread

Was viewing an aparment in The Steeples today to rent. I was told it was Chapelizod but it seems to be more Ballyfermot to me from my first impression and this was my first time in that area of Dublin.

Numorous searches seem to suggest it's rough. I don't realy know the area, do anyone have opinions? I've spent a while googling for info but there is not much out there

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dolphinius

The area is okay. Tesco's is 10 minutes walk away. Liffey Valley is 10 minutes by car. 3 local pubs within 10 minutes walk. The 78 bus will have you in town in 30 minutes. Doctors and dentists close by. The Memorial and Phoenix parks are close enough for walking/cycling. The nearby Naas Rd has many furniture, DIY, carpet emporiums. This part of Ballyfermot is fairly quiet. Many families with young children. Some teenagers hanging around the shops. No bother. Pensioners. Not many amenities, but Dublin City is a tenner Taxi ride home. New sports centre opening soon. Luas extension should be passing through in the next few years. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paul4690

mikemac wrote: »
    Apologies for bumping this old thread

Was viewing an aparment in The Steeples today to rent. I was told it was Chapelizod but it seems to be more Ballyfermot to me from my first impression and this was my first time in that area of Dublin.

Numorous searches seem to suggest it's rough. I don't realy know the area, do anyone have opinions? I've spent a while googling for info but there is not much out there

i have always been told that it is chapelizod but it is right in the middle of ballyfermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This old thread eh?

Technically it is Chapelizod and that's where the entrance is. You can verify the address on the An Post website
    But I agree, it's realy Ballyfermot.

Which is good imo as it's closer to shops, take aways and you can hop the wall to the bus.
    Feck all down in Chapelizod village..........which is how the elderly locals want it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement