Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all the jericholics out there in Belfield

• 20-11-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

I have it on very very good authority that Jericho is in talks with UCD over speaking in the college. Apparently the L and H are willing to offer him a James Joyce Award for his autobiography and all that's left is for them to pay for his flights. Someone very high up in the L and H let this slip in a politics tutorial

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I have it on very very good authority that Jericho is in talks with UCD over speaking in the college. Apparently the L and H are willing to offer him a James Joyce Award for his autobiography and all that's left is for them to pay for his flights. Someone very high up in the L and H let this slip in a politics tutorial

Who are L and H?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Legal and Historical Society I think. I won't believe it til I see it, it'll probably be Edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

"It's Jericho!"
    VR!

"It's Jericho!"
    VR!

No its Edge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

You're getting less predictable, i was sure you were gonna say Joey Abs!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

As cool as this would be it def ain't happening!

L and H promised

Will farrell, JK rowling, seth green, ralph fainnes and many more all of such have made Zero appearences thus far. /ucd joke/ I believe ag soc are bring jesse and festus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

T'would be sweet if true. Make that €2 I gave them during Freshers Week seem worth it.

I wonder if random power point presentations in lectures would be interrupted with the viral saveus videos. :D

this would actually make me attend lectures solely to mark out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ShagNastii wrote: »

L and H promised

Will farrell, JK rowling, seth green, ralph fainnes and many more all of such have made Zero appearences thus far. /ucd joke/ I believe ag soc are bring jesse and festus

I know that JK and Ralph are practically guaranteed to be coming

Whether that's a "Vince McMahon Guaran-Damn-tee" is yet to be seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I joined the L & H but haven't gone to any of their events. I'd definitely go if Y2J was there though.

Also I'm surprised at the amount of UCD students that are on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Also I'm surprised at the amount of UCD students that are on this forum.

Its the new nWo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

he L and H are willing to offer him a James Joyce Award for his autobiography

Good grief, I'm a huge wrestling fan and I'll read any old ****e on the topic, even Hogan's book, but a literary award!!!? Education ain't what it useed to be.....

I presume they're giving J.K. one anyway so the standard wouldn't be much by the time Y2J comes. As for UCD wrestling fans, got the feeling there are alot of closet fans there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

would dcu students be able 2 attend:D:D:D (seriously )

DCU? Oh yeah the dyslexic people who tried to put UCD on their CAO forms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Ah crap, this would happen the year AFTER I finish in UCD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what u talkin about dyslexic.. ucd is a sausage fest.. im not cixelsyd by the way :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

when i was joining the different societies during freshers week i was told that the L and H soceity were trying to do this. It would be awesome if he did come over but I would honestly have to see it to believe it

Imagine how savage it'd be if he did come over.The lights in the Astra hall go out and a projecter starts flashing 10-9 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

flahavaj wrote: »
    Good grief, I'm a huge wrestling fan and I'll read any old ****e on the topic, even Hogan's book, but a literary award!!!?

There's only 1 person that deserves a literary award in wrestling and that's Dave Meltzer.

For anyone that's never read his work, try some of his MMA stuff from yahoo. Plus when Frank Deford says your the best sports journalist he's ever read, it's quite the compliment.

So get Dave over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

have to laugh at the replies on this thread, nearly as bad as the dude on AH who thinks that if he meets ric flair in person, flair will chop him and say whooooo! :rolleyes:

jericho is pretty reserved off camera.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    have to laugh at the replies on this thread, nearly as bad as the dude on AH who thinks that if he meets ric flair in person, flair will chop him and say whooooo! :rolleyes:

Then just stick a camera on him! He enjoys entertaining people

Having Meltzer over would be awesome. I'm sure it'd just be myself and maybe 20 or 30 others, but that'd be cool. You'd probably get more people to show up if you billed him as a former UFC judge!

robdcu wrote: »
    what u talkin about dyslexic.. ucd is a sausage fest..

Eh? There's women everywhere!

When was Jericho supposed to be turning up anyway?

They're currently arranging the flight but I'd assume that if he were to come it'd be based around a european tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was at one of those debates a long time back(by L&H), and they mentioned it then that he was coming. I couldnt believe my ears.

They're currently arranging the flight but I'd assume that if he were to come it'd be based around a european tour

There's a couple of SD shows in Belfast in a couple of weeks time, it'll be revision time then though. They'll be back in Europe in April as usual, I'll probably be finished college by then though (I think...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Will this only be open to students with baggy jumpers that listen to Radiohead and say "Yah" a lot, or can I go?

L and H promised

Will farrell, JK rowling, seth green, ralph fainnes and many more all of such have made Zero appearences thus far.

I thought of this post when I saw an L&H poster today advertising an appearance by Ralph Fiennes soon. I had heard in September that they intended to get Will Ferrell over early next year, so while Jericho mightn't happen, it probably doesn't have to do with L&H not being delivering on who they promised

I'm not actually sure if non-students would be allowed in or not. A mate of mine who doesn't go to UCD went to see someone from The Simpsons I think it was and he had no problems, but I was going to see someone, some comedian I think, and they were checking for student cards and I didn't get in cos I hadn't been arsed getting a student card at the start of term. Incidentally, I got my student card today, took a grand total of three minutes! Those queues in September looked a lot longer than three minutes

You in UCD too, Fozzy? Damn we are taking over! :D

That place should have a wrestling fan soc as it would obviously get a lot of members.

• Advertisement

All of 5

damn quite a few regulars are in UCD.I agree with nice guy bout getting wrestling soc set up,we'd get so many members:rolleyes: I could be president:D

fatal wrote: »
    damn quite a few regulars are in UCD.I agree with nice guy bout getting wrestling soc set up,we'd get so many members:rolleyes: I could be president:D

Right so I'll be the secretary. The ladies will flock to join I'm sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

According to the Easons website his book will be available here from 21 Feb 2008, so maybe if it were to happen, it would be around the time of the Wrestlemania Revenge tour that comes to Belfast or pre-tour promotion/ book promotion.

Would be great if he were to have a book signing in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Right so I'll be the secretary. The ladies will flock to join I'm sure!

Hey whats the soposed to mean girls dont watch wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I watch people from trees

• Advertisement

Xyo, no trolling

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Hey whats the soposed to mean girls dont watch wrestling?

I just meant your typical UCD girl. I'd be astonished if they were wrestling fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I just meant your typical UCD girl. I'd be astonished if they were wrestling fans!

Ah ok sorry I take it back... Let’s make babies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

UCD....hiss!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

rossie1977 wrote: »

I found him fine when I was talking to him, Carlito's the worst off it. Although if you saw Fozzy when they played you'd think he's a nutjob.
    According to the Easons website his book will be available here from 21 Feb 2008, so maybe if it were to happen, it would be around the time of the Wrestlemania Revenge tour that comes to Belfast or pre-tour promotion/ book promotion.

Would be great if he were to have a book signing in Dublin.

The book has a March European release date though, at least it did when I was checking it in there. Which is far too long to make it wait, totally worth ordering it off Amazon with Brets for a cool %70 canadian :cool:

And as happy as this would make me, I sincerely doubt it. L&H also promised us Patrick Stewart last year but never delivered. Although if it were to happen I'd be seriously agog (great word) about it.

• Advertisement

Totally sad and not funny, but hey sue me

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Totally sad and not funny, but hey sue me

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=470

Wow that didn't last long. I wonder if the mod knew what it was about or just thought it was spam.

incase anyone is thinking of buying the book before its european release I would highly recommend it.Im just about halfway through it and I have to say that it has been written very well.Jericho tells some great stories about his early career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

incase anyone is thinking of buying the book before its european release I would highly recommend it.Im just about halfway through it and I have to say that it has been written very well.Jericho tells some great stories about his early career

Ditto, It's worth it for the Lance Storm stories alone to be honest and the most times he says agog (great word).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I bought the book in New York and finished it this morning, Its better than the other wrestling books I've read and by far the funniest.

does anyone know when he finished writing the book?
    Im surprised that jericho does not make reference to the problems of dugs and painkillers in his book.Either he did not confront it in his career or he chose to talk about the positive aspect of pro wrestling?I just think that at a time where pro wrestling has been under the map,it would have been good to read jerichos perspective on it since he came across very well on CNN,FOX and various radio shows about the drug/schedule problem within the industry. From what ive heard Bret hart does not hold back one bit about talking about any of that stuff in his book

does anyone know when he finished writing the book?

I think I read that he finished around May, and then added in a foreword on Benoit in July when the book had been finished. I haven't read it, but I've heard that he talks about his own steroid and drug use a bit but doesn't talk about others

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think I read that he finished around May, and then added in a foreword on Benoit in July when the book had been finished. I haven't read it, but I've heard that he talks about his own steroid and drug use a bit but doesn't talk about others

Thats right.He came across very well on the whole drugs and schedule discussions in the media following benoits death.I thought that it would have been good to have a further insight from him into the whole thing and the changes that he felt needed to be implemented etc

Advertisement