Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've lost all sense of Reason

Options
  • 20-11-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Ok so first off, I'm a guitarist, of the acoustic nature.

I've just got Reason 4 as I thought I would see if I could translate some of my acoustic noodlings into electro type stuff.

Reason scares me, I downloaded a Trance combinator and all these magical sounds appeared and there were virtual wires everywhere.

Where do I start to get to grips with reason and synths etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never used reason but play with it is always good, also check

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=reason+synth&search=Search

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I've got a lot to learn during these cold dark evenings!

It truely is another world of making music, I never thought I was a technophobe until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

:) - I'd just remove all the units / items until only the hardware interface is left (the one at the top) and then look at each unit you can add one by one... then when chilling out at night read the manual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

If you start off with an empty rack and then insert a mixer into it first, it will automatically patch in any further units you put into the rack. If you put a synth in first, then a mixer, you then have to press tab to see the back of the rack and then drag the cables to where you want them.

Id start off with a mixer and then search by instrument for a grand piano and then a drum kit. Seeing as you play acoustic this would be a nice way to accompany your guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

www.propellerhead.se - browse for demos on this site, also has a link to youtube tutorials. Register your product - i hope you bought reason 4 if not you will be entitled to a free upgrade.

Pm me as well, i use it regularly and will try and help out, i learned from the demos though, pretty good and theres a lot out there. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

reading up on subtractive synthesis, though just for the basics. Get to know the structure and typical signal path on synths, drum machines and samplers and you should be flyin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Flip the rack to the back using the TAB key.

Then plug the Guitar into the back of the desk - CH 7 is usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

propellerhead have just released a reason training course for free download. It was made for reason 2.5 but still can be applied to all later versions of reason.

check out this link

http://www.propellerheads.se/remote.cfm?sID=dynamo&nav=yes&menu=/products/education/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_menu&page=/products/education/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=tmwr_download

Hope this can assist you

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

thanks for the heads up

Advertisement