Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerColor Ati HD3870 gddr4 512mb (56k warning)

Options
  • 20-11-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I got today the new ati/amd card for some tests.

Graphics Engine RADEON HD3870
    Video Memory 512MB GDDR4
    Engine Clock 775MHz
    Memory Clock 1126MHz x 2
    Memory Interface 256bit
    DirectX Support 10.1
    Bus Standard PCIE 2.0

Links
    PowerColor
    Amd Spider

Let me show you some pics before i finish the first results.
    PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0004a.jpg
    PICT0001a.jpg
    PICT0002z.jpg
    PICT0001z.jpg
    PICT0006z.jpg
    PICT0007z.jpg
    PICT0011z.jpg

The holes are same like the previous ati models so you can use your old waterblock for example :D
    PICT0008z.jpg

First benches will be up in a few hours :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You.... How do you always get the new cards so quick ? Who are you sleeping with, and can i have their number please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

hehe :)

Well my partner works in a big IT company here in greece and when a new product comes he gives it to me for review ;)
    By the way i have a computer shop and an eshop my self :D so as you understand my job has to do with a lot of hardware.
    Also i got some hardware from pc magazines for testing or reviewing :D
    Tell me some well known magazines in ireland. I want to be ready when i come there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There are none. The irish pc magizines are useless. The only ones in the uk worth buying ( which you can buy here ) are custompc and pcformat.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Anti wrote: »
    There are none. The irish pc magizines are useless. The only ones in the uk worth buying ( which you can buy here ) are custompc and pcformat.

And even they're terrible.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Custom PC are very good...

Maybe they don't eat graphics cards for breakfast like you, but they are a decent magazine up to the standards of most of us mere mortals :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Custom PC are very good...

Maybe they don't eat graphics cards for breakfast like you, but they are a decent magazine up to the standards of most of us mere mortals :rolleyes:

No, they are absolute noobs!:confused: They.... OMG I don't even know where to start..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Bigchrome wrote: »
    No, they are absolute noobs!:confused: They.... OMG I don't even know where to start..

well not everyone has the overclocking talents that god bestowed upon you.

awhir wrote: »
    well not everyone has the overclocking talents that god bestowed upon you.

Clearly;) Listen shut the **** up about me being so pro already k?

Custom are NOOBs face the facts.. They main thing they do that pisses me off though is mislead people! They recently changed test processors and suprise suprise.... Every board used to do 510...now they all do 535.. CPU fsb wall much? NAH! They put it down to all motherboards being the same:mad:
    Their ram test from like 6 months ago?? they got pretty much every kit to 1130 and no more... all ram is the same too I guess? YUP..

There are also other things they have wrong..like the new DELL 24'' being £460 when it was closer to €450 at the time they went to print. I could go on..

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

CPC are slightly noobish, but not too bad and the mag is always a decent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Bigchrome wrote: »
    Clearly;) Listen shut the **** up about me being so pro already k?

Custom are NOOBs face the facts.. They main thing they do that pisses me off though is mislead people! They recently changed test processors and suprise suprise.... Every board used to do 510...now they all do 535.. CPU fsb wall much? NAH! They put it down to all motherboards being the same:mad:
    Their ram test from like 6 months ago?? they got pretty much every kit to 1130 and no more... all ram is the same too I guess? YUP..

There are also other things they have wrong..like the new DELL 24'' being £460 when it was closer to €450 at the time they went to print. I could go on..

I'd have to agree with this...

• Advertisement
Advertisement