Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change?

• 20-11-2007 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Looking for a career change into the Finance sector and was wondering does anybody have any advice on what are the best courses or places to study part time?Not sure yet what specific part of finance I want to get into yet, but something that provides the most flexibility.Anty help on this would be greatly appreciated.I( have a qualification in Physics)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I have done a range of courses and found the Instutitue of Bankers have a good range. If you dont have finance/business back round you could start with certificate course than going into a degree or diploma.

IMO as recruitment agency what best paying job in what sector (usually auditing in financial institutions as they in short supply) and try and get that job. Just idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Looking for a career change into the Finance sector
    The Finance sector is vast. You could do a QFA diploma with the Institute of Bankers and work as a Financial advisor selling Life insurance. Or you could do ACCA/CIMA professional accountancy exams and rise to Partner in an Audit firm!!

What's important is that you speak to as much people as possible and get as much info from everywhere possible before spending money and commiting to any long term course.

Advertisement