Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maintenance of child

• 20-11-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

"Lets Pretend" a couple (unmarried with one child) spilt up. They come to an agreement that the mother and child can stay in their house for a couple of years and the father would continue to pay his half of the mortgage as maintenance. This would allow her to save to buy him out of the house otherwise they'd be forced sell up straight away as the guy would be unable to pay Maintenance, half a mortage and rent for himself.

If when the time to buy out or sell up comes around she refuses and hits the guy for a Maintenance order can/how likely is it that a judge would award back Maintenance for the years gone?

And if a persons income/expenditure form that the courts request completed were to work out in a weekly minus how would this be viewed by the courts???

All and any Views into this would be much appricated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

please use full stops, its impossible to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Get a solictor this forum can not give you legal advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Sorry if the first post wasn't clear, i hope its easier to understand now and i hope someone can share some views, i'm not lookig for legal advice, i have a nice lady i pay too much money to for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

liger wrote: »
    Sorry if the first post wasn't clear, i hope its easier to understand now and i hope someone can share some views, i'm not lookig for legal advice, i have a nice lady i pay too much money to for that.

Definitely call her up and get your money's worth. There is no striking feature - that I can see- in your scenario for the legal discussion board to discuss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine the judge will take the mortgage payment into account against a notional rent and maintainence.

I imagine the father would not be allowed treat the mortgage payment as a mortgage payment and maintainence at the same time. One or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pastym

my brother went through the same,,it went to court as his ex wife was looking for maintance..the judge ruled that as he was paying the other half of morgage he didnt have to maintance..

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Lets pretend?

Liger banned. Read the charter. As Thaedydal told you, you can't seek legal advice here. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement