Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a key cut for a focus?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

So um.... this friend of mine kinda dropped the key to a 2001 Ford Focus into a street-drain last week. He has the spare key so all is ok for now, but what would it cost him to get a new spare cut????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

IM sure it has to do with the key being coded or not. He could possibly get a replacment from Ford if he has all the relivent details etc.

I got a key cut for my car not so long back, cost 50e but im sure thats because it was made before some time in 2000 making it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

They were sold with three keys, and if you've still got two, you can get a blank ford key cut almost anywhere and program it yourself to the immobiliser. If you're down to a single key you have to go back to a Ford main stealer and bring along a tub of vaseline, 'cause it's gonna be painful. :(

Advertisement