Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to buy nice dress in Cork. Help!!

Options
  • 20-11-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey, I've searched my home city of Limerick for a special dress that I need for a big wedding over the Christmas and have had no joy in Brown Thomas or any of the boutiques here. Will be in Cork on Saturday and am wondering where's good to go.
    I have a fairly big budget and am looking for something a little more special than a 'little black dress'

Any suggestions Corkonians?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

near teh gpo on oliver plunkett st in the direction of the bus station there are a few dress shops. also have a lash off bt's, might have differnt stock to limerick. there's always teh pop into hickeys get a pattern and fabric option.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

Quills on Patrick street,
    there are a few boutiques on emmet place,
    there is a boutique in an arcade on Winthrop street across from Mcdonald's
    the Moderne on Patricks street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Try Sheena's! Some nice pieces in there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

I would also definitely try Sheena's. As previously said it is on Oliver Plunkett Street - if you stand facing the GPO it is just down on your left hand side. If you have time to travel out to Douglas, try Karla's in the East Village and Maguy Carlton in the Douglas Court Shopping Centre.
    My sis got a fantastic dress in a boutique near the top of Oliver Plunkett Street on the Grand Parade end. I can't remember the name but the woman who owns the place only buys one of everything so you will be guaranteed a unique piece. Shouldn't be that hard to find anyway - Cork isn't huge!
    Let us know if you find something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oh

BT in Dublin is way better - BT in Cork tends to be limited to Coast, Whistles etc so - not quite the glamourfest that's on Grafton St (and don't start me on the Cork BT shoe department). there's a street off Paul Street - no idea what it's called, but "Beth" is there (extortionate but you could be lucky) and there are 2 or 3 nice guna shops beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

At the top of oliver plunkett street (grand parade side) there is a little arcade, i think it might be called the Q..anyway there is a little boutique in there too. nice "different" stuff in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Femmy wrote: »
    At the top of oliver plunkett street (grand parade side) there is a little arcade, i think it might be called the Q..anyway there is a little boutique in there too. nice "different" stuff in there.

That shop is called "Style For Life" I got my dress for my 21st in there! :) They have some really beautiful stuff, really unusual! Definitely try and make it there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KT!

Great stuff guys. Keep it coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mysterymeme123

Try Beth on French Church Street,
    Samui on Drawbridge Street
    Fran and Jane ( i think thats what its called) on Oliver Plunkett Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KT!

Glad to report I got a gorgeos dress from GHOST in BT on saturday. It's a fab smokey blue/grey 1920s flapper style dress..also got fab silver round toed mary-janes and a little silver sequinned bag to go with it. Thanks so much for all the advice. I had such fun checking out all the shops and am heading back again next week to bring a friend who needs a dress for same wedding.

Cheers again guys

x

• Advertisement
Advertisement