Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What would you do?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Around Halloween, I noticed a a couple of marks on my car, obviously made by a marker type pen. Nothing too serious, just a couple of line marks on the paint. I had my suspicions as to who might have done it as there's a little fcuker across the road who would be the type.

Last night I arrived home to be shown the word "fcuk" written on my car, along with another mark, in marker. Unfortunately for the aforementioned little sh!t, he had actually been caught in the act by one of the neighbours. I went over to the house afterwards and had a few quiet words with his father, nothing threatening or aggressive.

Now, I don't live in a particularly rough area, and we've never had a run-in with any neighbours, most of whom have lived here for years, as have we. I'm finicky enough about my cars and I've heard stories that this kid has been messing with them before ( I live in an end house and one car is parked around the side of the house, his house faces this side of my house) so I don't want this to develop into anything else, I just want it stopped. So, anyone had similar problems and have any ideas of the best way to go about things? Is the softly softly approach too soft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How old is the little bollix? If I was his parent I'd make him clean your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

What age is the kid?
    I say your best bet is to speek with the perents, If they have any respect for the family and manners they will sort you out and hopefully punish the kid accordingly.
    Sorry to here about that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Sorry to hear about your problem, I'd be the same about anything to do with me car..(tiz your chariot after all). You have to say something to the parents of the little fe*ker..and ya have to do it now or it'll keep happening. Now ya have to go about it the right way...I'd sit in the car and as they're(parent) arriving home..just happen to say it in passing as opposed to going to their door. :( Say you 'think' that you have some scratches on the car and that the young lad might have done it while'playing'...something like that...ya dont want the hurl across the windscreen after all..tough one all right...tiz easier if ya know their not minks(sorry Galway slang for nacks):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I wrote my name on the bonnet of a car when I was 4.... with a sharp stone. The worst thing was that my oul man told me I didn't even feel bad about it at the time. The reason: I thought I was doing good by being able to write my name :o

To this day my neighbour slags me about it, and to this day i'm embarassed about it! Of course, at the time, my oul man paid for a respray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The kid is about nine or ten, that sort of age. His old man came over this evening and cleaned the marks off. He seems genuinely annoyed about it, saying the kid is grounded for a month and so on. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sounds like a result. Good to hear some parents are open to criticism of their kids. Sounds like you approached him in the right way too though, which obviously paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

blastman wrote: »
    Is the softly softly approach too soft?
    It would appear not.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

blastman wrote: »
    The kid is about nine or ten, that sort of age. His old man came over this evening and cleaned the marks off. He seems genuinely annoyed about it, saying the kid is grounded for a month and so on. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

Don't think you could have had a better outcome really. It's good that you didn't lose the head, and the kid's father seems reasonable enough.

I'd be so pissed off with myself though if my son ever did that to someone's car. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Sounds like the little fecker has a responsible parent who'll hopefully keep this kind of thing in check. The worst case scenario is when the parent supports the little scrotes in their vandalism.
    Looks like you got a result by going about it the right way. (Ever though of a job with the UN? See there's these angry feckers in the middle east, right...)

Advertisement