Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anywhere have 8800gt's in stock

Options
  • 20-11-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

My bro is in the USA so I wanna order a card, get it shipped to him and have him bring it back, I've searched everywhere and no one appears to have one in stock, does anyone know a site which has these in stock ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

There's a good few on Ebay, I just ordered an eVGA one from there.

Also a few UK sites have them too.

Aria.

Novatech.

And scans have Gainward and Gigabyte ones.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cheers dude, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

There's a good few on Ebay, I just ordered an eVGA one from there.

Evga will not allow you to step up if
    you buy on E-Bay.

No sweat MooseJam!

@ Tony, it's brand new off an ebay shop? That make any difference? I'm not really that bothered as it will most likely do me until next year when I upgrade my PC again..

@ Tony, I see you're right!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Very few of the big boys have them in stock...

Although this whole thing smacks of nVidia just trying to keep themselves in the headlines and ATI out of them... Just as 3xxx series come out nVidia ship this cheap and chips card with unbelievable performance, they knew they didn't have any real stock but who cares - it'll be on the every forum around the world as the best card out there... Everyone holds out to buy it because well, the benchmarks don't lie...

Besides that now, because they have no real stock people who are out there looking for a new GFX card, they know nVidia make the best ones... So they'll buy what people have in stock... Now made to look overpriced by the 8800GT... but still - coming up to christmas...

And now it seems that the next G92 wont actually be the high end ones... But nVidia is letting everyone continue thinking that the new 8800GTS is just around the corner (and it has to be a stellar card if its anything like the 8800GT) and thus keeping the sales away from ATi...

Now don't get me wrong - Companies are around to make money and I understand that... but just all smacks a bit fishy...

Still saying all that - I still went and bought an EVGA GTS 640 ssc. Got to love that step up programme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Archytas wrote: »
    Very few of the big boys have them in stock...

Although this whole thing smacks of nVidia just trying to keep themselves in the headlines and ATI out of them... Just as 3xxx series come out nVidia ship this cheap and chips card with unbelievable performance, they knew they didn't have any real stock but who cares - it'll be on the every forum around the world as the best card out there... Everyone holds out to buy it because well, the benchmarks don't lie...

Besides that now, because they have no real stock people who are out there looking for a new GFX card, they know nVidia make the best ones... So they'll buy what people have in stock... Now made to look overpriced by the 8800GT... but still - coming up to christmas...

And now it seems that the next G92 wont actually be the high end ones... But nVidia is letting everyone continue thinking that the new 8800GTS is just around the corner (and it has to be a stellar card if its anything like the 8800GT) and thus keeping the sales away from ATi...

Now don't get me wrong - Companies are around to make money and I understand that... but just all smacks a bit fishy...

Still saying all that - I still went and bought an EVGA GTS 640 ssc. Got to love that step up programme!!

Tis all just business:D.

Both have been caught read handed "massaging" benchmark figures and very childish behavior.

What Nvidia have done is very clever releasing a cheap 8800GT card in low numbers just before ATI release theirs.

This tactic will convince the fan boys to wait, however many people with just opt for what ever card is in stock this Xmass.

Either series of cards is fantastic value for money.

This does shaft Nvidias high end sales though: I assume they will have the new 9800 series out soon enough.

Afterall with the cards just released on the market whats the point of buying a 8800GTS/GTX or a 2900XT?

I know they have new SSC versions, but it's very confusing to say the least.

(Next nvidia card I get will deff be an EVGA: they seem to have the best warranty by far!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Archytas wrote: »

Whats this step up program people are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Whats this step up program people are talking about?

If you register your card with EVGA, if a better/newer model comes out within 90 days of you buying the card you can pay the difference and upgrade to the new card.

Mate at work just got an Ultra and will be no doubt waiting for the release of the 9800 series soon.:D

Advertisement