Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor WebTexts - Who's having problems?

• 20-11-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Right, I'm trying to find out how many people are having issues with the updated Meteor webtexts.

Hopefully you guys will help me out here. We've been getting some feedback, but feedback generally means only hearing from people who are having a hard time with it.

So, if you're having trouble with it, or you think it's great, here would be a good place to talk about it...

Cheers y'all
    F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

It's a welcome update :) alot easier to send msg's now if only we could send international webtexts like o2 it would be the best of all the providers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

second what pyro boy said, international web texts would be sweet! if o2 can do it, surely meteor can? other than that, new webtext layout is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

no problems here

+1 for international text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Working fine for me, used it twice this evening and worked perfectly as the other person replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

flibz wrote: »
    Right, I'm trying to find out how many people are having issues with the updated Meteor webtexts.

Hopefully you guys will help me out here. We've been getting some feedback, but feedback generally means only hearing from people who are having a hard time with it.

So, if you're having trouble with it, or you think it's great, here would be a good place to talk about it...

Cheers y'all
    F
    Is this post offical and in your capacity as a Meteor employee?

I would rather the phonebook was shown as a list and the page didn't have to reload each time you click a person. It would be a lot better for slower connections.

I want to be able to stay logged in to webtexts until I clear my cookies. Alternatively make it at least 24hrs! I'm fed up logging back in every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Is this post offical and in your capacity as a Meteor employee?

I would rather the phonebook was shown as a list and the page didn't have to reload each time you click a person. It would be a lot better for slower connections.

I want to be able to stay logged in to webtexts until I clear my cookies. Alternatively make it at least 24hrs! I'm fed up logging back in every time.

It's not official, but I am an employee. I'm not in a position to make functional decisions (I'm only a developer, I just make suggestions). But the whole ajaxy nature of it means it shouldn't reload the whole page, just the bits it needs to...

I can't change the login timeout. That's a policy thing. Sorry ;)

Thanks for the feedback everybody BTW. Feel free to add more... good or bad

Cheers,
    F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

no problems here

One problem i have though is they dont say the date your texts will be renewed like they do on the vodafone website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

One feature that I'd really love is to get a report that my message has been received by the other party - similar to what I have on my phone.

It can be very annoying to send out a message only to find out hours later that the person still has not received it.

A minor fly in the ointment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

+1 international texts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

pepper wrote: »
    no problems here

One problem i have though is they dont say the date your texts will be renewed like they do on the vodafone website

as far as i know they update on the 1st of every month so it's not really necessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i've noticed mine usually renew when i start a new bill date as opposed to the 1st of each month. i could be wrong though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I have enjoyed the updated version.

International texts would be sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

laoisfan wrote: »
    i've noticed mine usually renew when i start a new bill date as opposed to the 1st of each month. i could be wrong though :rolleyes:

i'm pre pay so its probably different for yourself. still, as long as you know your billing date, there's no need to state it on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

It would be great if we could schedule webtexts for a later date. I think both O2 and Vodafone have this feature. The O2 one is excellent.

Best Regards
    Jason

I'm starting to wonder if we should start a new thread for a wishlist...

International Texts (obviously a business decision)
    Scheduled Texts (do-able, but will have to wait for next "version")

F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Maybe and put a poll on it so that we could see the more popular ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Wishlist thread would be nice!

Scheduled texts would be a good feature.
    Send to multiple users without adding them all to your phonebook for once off texts to a few different people so you don't have to add them to your phone book.

Clicking manage phonebook or manage groups should bring up a dialog below the message or in a new window IMO. First time I clicked it I didn't know what had happened. The screen changed and I had typed my message and thought I'd lost it.

A better idea would be to have it floating in front of the message part and have a semi-transparent layer over that so you could see your message etc... in the background but had the edit your phonebook/groups stuff in front of it in the centre of the screen.

I've seen something like that on other sites and think it would work well there. For example,

click login on top right on http://imageshack.us/

There is no real need to be able to move it around the screen though, thats just over the top although I'm sure its probably easy enough to implement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Shyboy wrote: »
    It would be great if we could schedule webtexts for a later date. I think both O2 and Vodafone have this feature. The O2 one is excellent.

Best Regards
    Jason

i agree completly with this...
    Right now my meteor web texts are very slow to load. compared to normal loading times in anyways they are sending still

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I cant access them at all now
    Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Could not connect to JRun Server.

Which would explain why cabbage dosent work for me either tonight.:mad:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seems to be ok once again.

• Advertisement

cheers for the update

;)

Advertisement