Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New german and EU de-act laws

• 20-11-2007 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all 1st post here! great to see it up and running.

I have been told there are new german gun laws coming in next year. Have been told that all new de-acts will be welded closed, LEP on licence only and not sure on blankfire.

Also I see that the EU have cast its eye on de-acts and want an EU wide standard of deactivation. Anyone know what this might be? They are also looking into replica weapons law and the sale of such over the net.

Looks like things are just going to get harder for people wanting to collect de-acts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is this new spec similar to the British new spec?
    Automatics fully welded into paperweights but the bolt actions and the like deactivated with tender loving care?

On the positive side, if the EU are starting to make the gun laws we might be able to add Martinis and Sniders to our collections without paying the license fees. (I don't see it happening either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi guys,

yes, there is something like this being talked about alright. However, these new laws will not affect old-spec deacts. Same as in England anything deactivated before a certain year i.e. 1994 in England (I think) does not need to be de-deactivated again. ;) The total welding of parts is only in England. It had been talked about in Germany and some gunsmiths were under the impression they had to do it now and started welding M3's, MP40's etc. However, they realised that it was only recommended by some civil servants and not actually law. They lost out on these deacts as no-one would buy them and therefore went back to deactivate the weapons to a very good standard but with emphasis on retaining a working action for dry-firing and field stripping (some do weld the barrell though so it cannot be removed and exchanged for another one.)

I would not be too worried at the moment. When buying a deact I always go for the old-spec or new-spec German deacts or old-spec British deacts. New-spec British is completely welded shut. As a collector I wouldn't be interested in that as I like to see the working mechanisem and be able to strip the gun down.

Best,
    Preusse

Advertisement