Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Saving numbers and texts to new phone?

• 20-11-2007 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before.....

I bought a Nokia 6300 today and want to know is there any way I can transfer all my phone numbers and texts from my old Nokia 6230i to the 6300?

If I cannot move the texts....is there any other way I can save them, e.g. to my Vodafone account, to my laptop, etc?
    (I want to save a good few of the texts currently on my phone because they are from a special lady friend of mine;))

Any tips appreciated!

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Silvera wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before.....

I bought a Nokia 6300 today and want to know is there any way I can transfer all my phone numbers and texts from my old Nokia 6230i to the 6300?

If I cannot move the texts....is there any other way I can save them, e.g. to my Vodafone account, to my laptop, etc?
    (I want to save a good few of the texts currently on my phone because they are from a special lady friend of mine;))

Any tips appreciated!

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Some stores have a special machine to move contacts, messages and pics from one phone to another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

PC suite

Backup from 6230i (Contacts & Text Messages)
    Restore to 6300 (Contacts & Text Messages)

For Gallery, Transfer to PC, then transfer to 6300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

neilled wrote: »
    Some stores have a special machine to move contacts, messages and pics from one phone to another.
    I've heard these rumours, who has such a machine?

As for contacts - I used www.zyb.com

Otherwise you could get a bluetooth adapter for your PC and sync using Nokia PC Suite.

++ edit ++ nazoil just jumped in ahead of my with PC Suite .. last time I used PC Suite the backup covered files too but it should say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ciaranfo wrote: »
    I've heard these rumours, who has such a machine?

I assume the OP is getting confused by PC suite as I certainly never saw one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I am a but confused alright ??

By "PC Suite" do you guys mean the CD Rom that comes with the mobile??

It would be great if I could go to some place and have it all transferred like neilled mentioned above??!

• Advertisement

Ah ha!!

Just had a look at the CD Rom belonging to my 6230i ....it does allow some way of saving contacts messages etc onto a PC!!

I'm gonna have a go at it in the next few days on my laptop! :)

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated!

Silvera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SDooM wrote: »
    I assume the OP is getting confused by PC suite as I certainly never saw one!

there is such a machine. it has bluetooth, IR, two usb ports and over 100 cables to connect almost every phone ever made

Any idea where such a machine is located?

i.e. somebody who can do it for me??

I'm gonna try my 6230i CD Rom first...

Advertisement