Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Tax Office to apply to?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a question!

Just about to apply for my provisional licence, and Im not sure which tax office to apply to?

I was born in Louth, grew up in Meath and have been living in Dublin for the past 4 years. My dublin address is on my Theory Test certificate.

Does it matter, and is it something that might possibly affect the cost of my insurance? (quotes are cheaper with my Meath address than my Dublin address!)

Thanks a mil....

Grace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd apply in Dublin - make sure that you send it to the right office according to where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

my provisional licence
    Learner Permit. ;)
    Girrrseach wrote:
    Im not sure which tax office to apply to?
    Any of the Dublin ones.
    it something that might possibly affect the cost of my insurance? (quotes are cheaper with my Meath address than my Dublin address!)
    Where you were born or raised is irrevelant. You insurance company will request the address where the vehicle is usually kept. You are legally obliged to answer this question correctly. The address on your Learner Permit is of no interest to your insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Learner Permit!! Check!!

:)

Cheers!

Advertisement