Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble thread

• 20-11-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Right since its only one more ppv until the Rumble,and since Armageddon is usually rubbish anyway so doesnt deserve its own thread, lets get some Rumble discussion going, seeing as to who turned up monday night and a certain Rated-R superstar coming back I'm gonna go with either of them or POSSIBLY mvp as the winner of the 08 rumble,although its probably too early for that so maybe an 09 win for him, wouldnt surprise me at all for Edge to win it,im actually hoping he does as i want to see him end Takers winning streak at Wrestlemania since my cousin is a huge Taker mark and i can laugh maniacally at him while he rips his purple taker symbol t-shirt and hockey jersey off in disgust:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think either Edge or HHH will win, and I'm leaning slightly more towards HHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Would love if the MIZ! one but I'd say it'll probably be HBK or Jericho. I don't think the Wrestlemania main event will be one on one this year so I'd say Orton vs. HBK vs. HHH vs. Jericho is on. Could it be possible that Jericho insisted on winning the Rumble if he were to return, be nice to have on his CV and I couldn't see McMahon saying no as it'd be good for business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd love to see HHH win, just to see all the whinging on here if he does!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

HHH or Edge are obvious choices and I would have no problem with Edge headlining Wrestlemania but seeing as this will probably be Flairs last rumble Id love him to win it or at least be on of the final people in it, I know it may sound unfeasible and would mean he would have to be the one of last entrants as it may be asking a wee bit much to do a Benoit (2004). I dunno the man deserves something special for giving his life to WWE, I doubt the fans or even the majority of WWE superstars would mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Well Flair did win it from No.3 in 1992 i say we let him do it again!!! J/K Honestly i'd say it will be one of Edge/Taker depending on how that fued goes or else Jericho. I have a funny feeling HHH might not actually be in the main event this year, he's seems like he's actually starting to take on the role that many of us (me included) having being bitching about by helping promote new talent in Jeff and Snitsky. Heel HHH Vs Jeff Hardy @ Mania anyone?

• Advertisement

Im really looking forward to the rumble in january especially cause its takeing place in madison square garden. The last 4 ppvs at the garden have been superb (Summerslam 98, royal rumble 2000, survivor series 2002 and wrestlemania 20)

id say edge will win it but id love to see MVP come out on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really don't want to see another Wrestlemania main event headlined by Triple H! In saying that you have to regard him as a strong favourite considering his track record.

Jericho would seem a good bet too if he's not involved in a title match. I would like to see Flair win it myself but we'll have to wait and see how they treat him. If not him then I'd love to see them use it to elevate someone who really needs it such as Jeff Hardy.

Too early to say though I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ric Flair has to retire as WWE champion. I don't care if some small minded people think he no longer has it. Just look at the Foley/Flair feud last year and the TLC (a f*cking TLC match at his age) match he had with Edge, the night after NYR '06. It'd be nice to see him win the title, from Triple H preferably (I'll justify it some other time).

I also like the sounds of a Triple H/Jeff Hardy 'Mania match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Just hope its not Lashley as a surprise entrant. Flair or Jeff would be good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I'd say either Flair or Jericho. I really think Vince's (boards.ie Vince) idea regarding Flair vs Batista needs to happen, but I don't like this Flair on Raw next week business. I definitely think Edge vs Taker will be at WM, but not for the title, a streak vs streak match is big enough on its own. I hope Jericho wins the Rumble, turns heel and starts feuding with Michaels who will be champion by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jericho/Michaels at Wrestlemania again,yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Im really looking forward to the rumble in january especially cause its takeing place in madison square garden. The last 4 ppvs at the garden have been superb (Summerslam 98, royal rumble 2000, survivor series 2002 and wrestlemania 20 )

wtf WM20 stunk out the building, worst WWE PPV i have attended.
    I really don't want to see another Wrestlemania main event headlined by Triple H! In saying that you have to regard him as a strong favourite considering his track record

if he stays fit Triple H will be involved in one of the two titles matches that is a given.

no chance ric flair will win, none, vince don't think that way.

Hard to pick a winner looking at the roster; michaels, edge, trips, jericho, edge, taker, lashley all in with a shout. Personally i would love to see Michaels/trips headline mania with michaels finally reclaiming back his WWE title after 10 years
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Double C wrote: »
    I definitely think Edge vs Taker will be at WM, but not for the title, a streak vs streak match is big enough on its own.

You think they will still try to pull that off? I was in favour of it prior to WM23 but to me Edge's streak ended that night when Kennedy won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Doubt they'd end takers streak....especailly after hyping it so much in recent years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if he stays fit Triple H will be involved in one of the two titles matches that is a given.

off topic i know but anyone know when Mr Levesque will dissapear for a while to film Journada del Muerto (Journey of death). For those who dont know its a Western and WWE films next movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

You think they will still try to pull that off? I was in favour of it prior to WM23 but to me Edge's streak ended that night when Kennedy won.

Don't see why not. Edge will pull the "I was never pinned or submitted" routine and it may not convince everyone, but that won't make any difference. He's a good enough heel to pull it off. Besides, Edge kinda did win eventually when he beat Kennedy for the MITB briefcase :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Jericho or Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

the 6 most feared words in pro-wrestling:The Great Khali or The Miz:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Im gona go out on a limb and say Jeff Hardy...
    He will be in the final 4 for sure anyway.

Royalrumble08.jpg

poster for the 2008 Rumble, i quite like it, not as good as last years awesome one but still pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Why is batista hitting orton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

IS THAT THE MIZ I SEE IN FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So excited

ec18 wrote: »

sure why wouldnt he be? every man for himself and all that,plus EVERYONE on that poster is hitting someone!

that reeks of awesomeness purely for having the miz getting his ass choked out on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ec18 wrote: »

Because he can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real831

Go Hardy

Advertisement