Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance changing....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

draffodx wrote:
    you can also get two rejections from other insurance companies and go to quinn and they legally have to quote you - this worked for me

They may have a legal obligation to quote you- but there is no obligation for the quote to be reasonable or have any bearing on what you were quoted for your previous car. To be honest- I've seen quite a few folk in this forum on insurance of 3,500-4,500 which is totally crazy. I'd even consider half that to be pricey. Why not try getting your way around the Insurance Companies by making it worth their while to give you a legitimate quotation- e.g. by doing the advanced driving test etc? When I got the advanced test my insurance bill reduced by over 60% overnight (with Hibernian- they matched a written quotation from Quinn).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

my quote is €400 euro more than on a 1400cc ford focus h/b so it was very reasonable for me, it cost me €200 to changeover during my policy with them and my renewal quote is just €400 more than my quote on the focus so its fairly reasonable.

http://www.ism.ie/Commercial_Training/Commercial_and_Fleet_Training_/Advanced_Driver_Training.htm

is that the advanced driver course? i must see if quinn offer a discount if i have it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

draffodx wrote:

No- its from the Institute of Advanced Motorists- link here
    The Gardai and other emergency response personnel are required to undertake the course. There is a flat 30% discount with most insurance companies for holding the certification- higher with some.

Advertisement