Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright action/script

Options
  • 20-11-2007 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

ok so here goes, I get a pain in the neck trying to put the copyright stuff on my photo's, the problem being all different sizes etc, requiring different size of font's etc. So I made a PS script to do it, this may be of no use to anyone but I thought someone might use it :)

So I was playing around with the scripting in PS and got an automated solution, you can pick any size (3/2 works, i think most others will as well), i.e. 1800x1200 or 3456x2304 and the CP will be in proportion to the image and well as any changes in the DPI. The script adds the CP info as a new text layer, no file saving at all, just the text in the right place.

you can grab the file from here, right click - file - > save link as ...
    http://www.muineach.com/site/boards_c_c/Automate_Copyright.jsx

To modify it to suit your needs open it with notepad and edit this bit at the top to suit your needs, it's fairly straight forward. Change the copyright text, and try it, it will probably be "off" due to length of names etc., so adjust the myCPWidth, myCPHeight values until you get it "right".

// ============= Personalize your values in the section below ============ //
    //put in name/company
    var myCopyrightText = "© Boards.ie ";
    //put in the font name - as shown in photoshop
    var myFont="Tahoma";
    //pick a size in points
    var myFontSize=18;

//how far into the photo do you want the copyright to be placed ?
    // myCPWidth=85; 85 means 85% of the width into the main photo
    // myCPHeight=99.4; 99.4% means put the base line of the text at 99.4% of the photo height

var myCPWidth=85;
    var myCPHeight=99.4;

//RGB for font, the color of the font
    //see color picker for the RGB values
    var myRGBred=255;
    var myRGBgreen=255;
    var myRGBblue=255;

// ============================================================ //

How to run the script
    Run a JavaScript
    Choose File > Scripts and then select the script from the list. The scripts list includes all the script files saved with a .js or .jsx extension and saved in the Photoshop CS3/Presets/Scripts folder. To run a script saved in another location, choose File > Scripts > Browse and navigate to the script.

How to record an action
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7447.html

Then record an action where you load the script file, then hit stop when you see your copyright text on your image. Now all you have to do is click that action button from now on to get the copyright message in the same location, it can also be used by Image processor/batch editing as an action so you can run it on a load of PSD's at one time.

Advertisement