Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public transport from lucan

Options
  • 20-11-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey there!! I have been living in Lucan for two weeks...and I have a problem: I have to go everywhere in public transport... I mean, if I want to go to another place, I have to take the bus to the city center and then doing a transfer to a bus or train or whatever...

Can I go from Lucan to another place without going to the city center? Which are the best buses and trains...I'm a bit lost because I have been checking the transport websites, but I have nothing clear yet...

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Hi hausinkaa, it depends on where you want to go really, most places require you to go into the city center but i think there is a 239 that goes between superquinn and blanchardstown sometimes. But as i said it depends on where you need to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hausinkaa

thanks!!! It's a general question, I mean, for example, I have a friend who lives close to the St Patrick church ( I don't know the name of that area) and I have to go to the city center and then pick up the bus or the train...is that right or is there any direct bus from lucan?
    Thanks, I'm a bit lost!!!!

And I'd like to go to cabra to Cabra from Lucan...any straight bus?

Hi again, in order to get to cabra from lucan you are going to have to go into town and catch the bus out again, unless you decide to catch a taxi instead but thats expensive, and about going to St.Patricks church, is the Cathedral that you are talking about in Dublin city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Eh no, there is the option of getting the bus to blanchards town centre and then the bus that runs from there to cabra.

Or getting the bus to get on the maynooth dublin line if that gets them close to there they are going.

There is not straightbus, there are very few straigth buses between any areas in the city that doe not travel between the city centre.

hey thanks for replying!!! it's a pity that in such a place as lucan, quite close to the city center, yo have to do transfer if you want to go there...I need a LUAS or train or something faster than the bus!!! hehe

yes, I mean the cathedral in Dublin city...

Mmmm I don't know if Maynooth is far from here or not, I need to check it and probably then taking another bus to cabra...

mmmm d'u know the numbers of those buses? I'm such a disaster....so sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

welcome to the neighbourhood ;)

there's a Luas going through Clondalkin scheduled for 2010-ish, but until then you're stuck with the bus!

the 239 goes to Blanchardstown but only every hour or thereabouts
    the 25a goes to the city centre right along the quays

they'd be your best bets
    if you live around the adamstown area, you can get the 151 into town as well

ok, thanks!! I need to check this...I live close to the spa hotel so the 66 67 and those are the ones which go to the city center...in front of the mcdonald's restaurant...soooo let's see if I can do something until 2010 hehe

thanks all of you!!! I'll be checking more possibilities and more routes for knowing the area!

i catch the bus there aswell, so annoying that all the times the 66s, 67s and 25 come is about the same as the 25a on its own :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

Get a scooter ... Motorbike!!

I would if i had the money, know any jobs goin? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement