Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CIMA November Exams

• 20-11-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Anyone else sitting them at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fitzer12345

Yea Mule doing stategic level at the moment. Doubt ill pass the 3 of them first time :(

Any you what are you at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TragicJohnson

Yikes, I knew there was something I was meant to be doing this week.

TOPCIMA tomorrow, not feeling confident, but how sweet it would be if this was my last exam ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I know this is really mean .........

But I started CIMA from scratch as I didnt do accountancy in college -

something like 17 subjects and exams I had to do

And this is my first November since 2002 not having to do exams

YyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIPPPPPpppppppPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

how did everyone get on? i had to start from scratch as well, passed P4 in may, and did the cert before that.

took P1, P5 and P7 this time around, repeating P1 and P7. not sure whether i passed or not, all are borderline id say. would love to get all 3, it would make the road seem a little bit shorter, although i have another 3 years or so left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Did P1 P2 and P4. Found P1 very hard it was nothing like the mock I did. I might have done enough to scrape through but am not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

P1 was a total bitch - not feeling too confident about it. Was looking to pick up about 25 marks in section A but reckon only got about 15, may have to re-sit in may.

What's P7 like? Still haven't decided which subjects to take for may. Have been told that P4 and 5 are a breeze...?

i'll wait on my results for P5 before commenting, but P4 is a fairly easy. i read the book once over a week and passed. was hoping the same would work for P5, but found it more difficult to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

zootroid wrote: »
    i'll wait on my results for P5 before commenting, but P4 is a fairly easy. i read the book once over a week and passed. was hoping the same would work for P5, but found it more difficult to read.

Would you recommend going to classes fro P4, or should I just do homestudy?

Would you recommend going to classes fro P4, or should I just do homestudy?

For P4 you should be ok just doing homestudy. But give yourself more time to read it than I did!

For the more technical subjects I'd recommend going to classes though.

Anyone get their results yet ?? Jesus they take their time and it would be handy to know the results before registering for the next set

• Advertisement

well speak of the devil

results out today

how did everyone get on? I passed 2 (P1 & P7) and failed 1 (P5). Happy enough. Plan to sit P2, P5 (again) and P8 in may.

Passed P1 - which I was surprised at as it was fuppin impossible
    Passed P2
    Passed P4 - easily

All in All a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vladtheinhaler

There is a lady in our office who is starting the CIMA Foundation
    level of which she has to sit three exams.
    1. BPP Ireland have a home study course of around 500 euros
    per subject, while individual text books & exam papers etc cost around 100. What is the difference?, are the extra bits any use
    2. The 3 exams seem to be Computer Based Assessment in March and
    May. CIMA don't seem to have anything to do with this aspect of it.
    How do you sign up for these individual exams?

ta.

There is a lady in our office who is starting the CIMA Foundation
    level of which she has to sit three exams.
    1. BPP Ireland have a home study course of around 500 euros
    per subject, while individual text books & exam papers etc cost around 100. What is the difference?, are the extra bits any use
    2. The 3 exams seem to be Computer Based Assessment in March and
    May. CIMA don't seem to have anything to do with this aspect of it.
    How do you sign up for these individual exams?

ta.

I started off doing the foundation level as I never did accountancy in college. I bought the materials directly from CIMA in london. The exams are very easy, I had to take 3 and they were all computer based assessments. 2 of them lasted 90 minutes, while the third lasted an hour.

Going to BPP, even for the home study option, is a waste of money. If she gets the materials from CIMA and studies she'll have no problem. They really were very easy.

I did the exams in Belfast as I was working near there at the time. I think the place I did them was called the Belfast Institute for Higher Education. There are a list of venues on the CIMA website anyway, although if I remember correctly there weren't too many venues, maybe just Belfast and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

if you have a business degree, how many exams does one have to take and how long will it take to complete everything in the cima?

each degree is different my degree gave me the whole foundation level and Paper 7 exempt.

So that leaves nine more exams.

Now can we get back on thread i.e The November Exams, not general info about CIMA

Muletide - how did you find P2?

I'm going to sit it in May, along with P8 and P5 (again)

P2 as a subject seems harder than P1 althought there is some overlap. But the November Exam was alot easier than P1.

Are you doing it in DBS - If yes, would suggest doing this subject somewhere else - anyone else who did P1 and P2 in DBS will know what I am talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Yyyyyyyaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

BERBA wrote: »
    Yyyyyyyaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn

If theres a problem you can raise it with the mods ok.

No I'm doing it with BPP. Did P1 and P7 with them, thought they were quite good, although the notes were a bit light. So taking P2 and P8 with them this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

zootroid wrote: »
    No I'm doing it with BPP. Did P1 and P7 with them, thought they were quite good, although the notes were a bit light. So taking P2 and P8 with them this time.

Went to Griffith College and BPP last couple of year before qualifying and to be honest i have nothing but praise for BPP ,thought they were excellent, would agree that their notes were a bit light but they make up for that by going through exam question after exam question in class. You can't beat past paper preparation.

Advertisement